Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
2016 Titan XD SL 4x4 Deleted/Tuned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals,

So....today my AC decided to start acting up. All the vents on driver's side are blowing straight hot air. All the vents on passenger side blow ice cold.

I'm assuming I have a blend door that's all jacked up, but I have no idea where to even start looking. Any suggestions here? Because I really REALLY don't want to go back to the dealership.

·
1,539 Posts
When mine did it i was able to go all the way hot, and then back to 60 and it would correct itself. The actual fix is fairly easy too (if you do a search it should come up) but I never had to get it done.

·
510 Posts

·
2016 Titan XD SL 4x4 Deleted/Tuned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you!

·
5 Posts
Just bought a 2017 xd and the AC is junky just like some of you describe.
Drivers side 30 ° hotter, sometimes.
Justanswers says Nissan bulletin describes the fix and gives part#s.

·
1 Posts
Hey guys/gals,

So....today my AC decided to start acting up. All the vents on driver's side are blowing straight hot air. All the vents on passenger side blow ice cold.

I'm assuming I have a blend door that's all jacked up, but I have no idea where to even start looking. Any suggestions here? Because I really REALLY don't want to go back to the dealership.
Service bulletin NTB17-116a will explain all you need know

·
12 Posts
Sounds like the condenser this just happen to my 18 XD which is in shop as we speak. Was told gonna be a 3 to 5 hour job covered under warranty. At least they gave me a loaner truck and I get to pick up tommorow

·
3 Posts
Hey guys/gals,

Hey guys/gals,

I have this exact same issue

·
1 Posts
Hey guys/gals,

I had the same exact issue. Bottom line is it's a simple fix by replacing the blend door actuator... Takes five minutes. The dealer will try to charge you a mint. Nissan know about them issue but still makes crappy actuators. Replace both the drivers side and passenger side. Just did mine one month ago.

·
17 Posts
Hey guys/gals,

I had the same problem...the replacement part is about $80 and has a circuit board with gears and level that actuator the AC/Cold blender flap. I ordered the part which is easy to see as it is above your right knee when you are sitting in the drivers seat. Until the parts arrives....just drop the part....a couple of screws...remove it and force the door into the AC cold position.

·
17 Posts
here is more info...
titan xd no ac driver side

Like many others on the forum, my XD developed a problem with the A/C. After 3 years and 53,000 miles, the A/C would blow cold on the passenger side and warm air on the driver's side. This problem actually started a few months ago but I could get it working correctly by turning the temp knob all the way to max heat (90) and back down which would get the cold air coming out the driver's side. That was until a few days ago when the trick would no longer work.

Taking the advice of others here on the forum, I ordered a new Air Mix Actuator assembly P/N 27732-EZ03B from Nissan Parts Deal. Total cost with shipping was less than $65.00. It took all of 3 or 4 minutes to swap out the old actuator with the new. The air works like new which is pretty important here in Arizona's 114 degree summer. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.
=============

There's a TSB NTB17-116 on this. I have the same truck and had the same issue. They apply a software upgrade and if that doesn't solve it completely, they replace driver side actuator motor.

It's called the blend door issue.

My truck just passed the warranty period so I'm working with Nissan Consumer Affairs to see if they will pay for it since this is such a well known issue.

=============

·
Titan XD 2016
6 Posts
Damn, thanks for all the info guys! Huge help, really appreciate it. Think I'll order up the part and replace it myself.
As a couple of others have posted, it's the mix-door actuator. They are junk. The dealer quoted some stupid amount of money to fix it, don't quote me, but nothing was ever quoted less than $700 or $800. I threatened to bring death upon them -- but you get tired arguing with morons. Nissan corporate was a bust, that and another $7,000+ quote to replace the exhaust system was the straw. The truck is never going back there- EVER. The Nissan part was $68 I think. Two screws, fully accessible from the footwell. If it takes you more than 120 seconds, you must have brought the wrong screwdriver. P.S. I got a used exhaust system (DPF disintegrated), complete with AdBlue system, for $1,200 on eBay from a very smart man in the mid-west who yanked it off of his new XD after 125 miles. The Nissan software module for my AutoEnginuity to talk to the piss-lame Nissan computers and reset everything was the only other investment. This is a really nice truck, except for the Nissan electronics and some of their cheap electronic/electrical components. Next up is the 4WD / ABS error which I had into the dealer for no less than 7 times. Money is on a rear wheel speed sensor. You'll read about Nissan changing rear axles over that one...insane.

·
33 Posts
Hey guys/gals,

·
33 Posts
Hey guys/gals,

You need an actuator on the driver side. It’s right by the accelerator pedal. It’s two screws and a plug. Dealer charge me $550 to replace it. I did the first one in 30min. Dealer took almost or more then 3 hours. What a ripoff. I had the part number somewhere. It like this. I have to get the picture posted.

·
14 Posts
When mine did it i was able to go all the way hot, and then back to 60 and it would correct itself. The actual fix is fairly easy too (if you do a search it should come up) but I never had to get it done.
I have to do the same every now and again. It gets a little warm and I cut the temperature up past 80 and then back down to 60. It then cools.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts