Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My right side headlight has an issue where it will not turn on low beam or the DRL. Also, the problem on the passenger side causes the drivers side headlight to NOT shut off. This occurred just after my warranty expired.
After diagnosis, it was determined to be the headlight ballast (ZKW ULB Nissan 797). This part can not be ordered by the dealer. It comes with the headlight assembly at $800.00.
Any way, go to forum "Nissan Titan XD Defects, Issues and Problems. See thread Driver Side Headlight Issue.

You will see what was wrong with my ballast and it's a Nissan issue....in my opinion! Poor QC during headlight assembly process.:RantExplode:

·
324 Posts
My right side headlight has an issue where it will not turn on low beam or the DRL. Also, the problem on the passenger side causes the drivers side headlight to NOT shut off. This occurred just after my warranty expired.
After diagnosis, it was determined to be the headlight ballast (ZKW ULB Nissan 797). This part can not be ordered by the dealer. It comes with the headlight assembly at $800.00.
Any way, go to forum "Nissan Titan XD Defects, Issues and Problems. See thread Driver Side Headlight Issue.

You will see what was wrong with my ballast and it's a Nissan issue....in my opinion! Poor QC during headlight assembly process.:RantExplode:

You already hit 100k miles?

I think doing a HD light conversion would be better

·
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not sure what his truck is but us early 2016 adopters on got a 36k full warranty and 100k power train.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correct, my headlight went out at about 38,000 miles just out of warranty.

If I had known that the ballast was full of water, i would have acted sooner. Now, the socket that the ballast plugs into seems to have all the connectors rotted away...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts