Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used the 2021 OEM marker lights on my 2019. Of course they don't fit so I had to make brackets to hold the whole plastic piece in place. Then I had to make brackets to hold the lights in place as well. It came with right and left fender lights but I didn't want to cut a hole to put them in. The OEM lights come with an adapter that should plug into a headlight for power but I didn't use that because I wanted a switch in the truck where I could turn them off whenever I wanted. I plan on having them on all the time but wanted the ability to turn them off. I cut the adapter off and ran the wires into the truck through the gromment on the driver's side where the parking brake cable runs through. I got an aironboard.com switch SKU SWN120GO that goes into the top row of the switch panel at the driver's lower left side. I tapped into the ground and switched/on power from the adapter accessery harness that is under the driver's side panel near the footwell near the door. I believe I used the black and orange wire. The switch lights up when the truck is turned on which is similar to all the other switches in the panel. It also has a separate light that lights up when the marker lights are on. I used switched power so the marker lights can only work if the truck is on. That way they don't run the battery down if I accidently left them on. I liked how they turned out but the work to get it done is a PIA. Removing and reinstalling the front end grill is absolutely awful. I had bought a bag of extra plastic clips in case I broke some along the way. Then figuring out how to make brackets using Home Depot parts was not easy. I had these parts for over a year before I had the courage to attempt the install. I should have bought the OEM lights and switch and paid someone professional to install them.

DETAILS
12 VOLT 3AMP ON - OFF PUSH SWITCH

1 - 2 of 2 Posts