Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did not want the factory heated seat since they only warm your butt and will run you around $4410.00 for the 2 packages you have to buy and don’t get that warm at least the demo I drove did not. So I opted to not get a truck with those 2 options.

I ordered Part# 96988-EZ40A finisher switch from a PR that has both heated and cooled seats so I could replace my original finisher switch. I had the heated and cooled switched removed from the plastic trim piece and install the heated seat kit I found on eBay item number 152034245194 with Infiniti styled round switches and are carbon fiber pads. I ordered them and they showed up in about 7 days from I hate to say it China.

Tonkin Nissan had me call a local shop in PDX called Coach Automotive Accessories do the install on the kit and I provided the Finisher switch and heated seat kit. They did a fantastic job on the install and it all looks like it came from the factory. They work great and have 5 heat settings on them and work far superior to my 2015 Ram 3500 Bighorn I had FCA do a buy back on. They don’t get blistering hot but will warm up your bottom and back up nicely.

Attachments

·
229 Posts
Very nice. I've been planning on doing something like that to the rear seats of mine :)

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was $80.84 for 96988-EZ40A finisher switch with both heated and cooled seat switch and plastic trim tray, and $99.00 shipped for the ebay heated seat kit 152034245194. Coach Automotive charged me $399.00 to do the complete install, removing the seats, installing the heat pads and doing the wiring that I don't have time to do and picked up and delivered it back to the dealer while it was getting a warranty replaced windshield. With the factory option they only heat your bum.

·
629 Posts
That is bad a$$. I like the multiple selections for heat. Mine originally didn’t come with heated seats either, so the dealership added an okay one for $600. Yours looks way better, money well spent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
44 Posts
I had heated seat kit installed by a local automotive accessory shop. Actually they did 90% of the installation since I am very particular(to the point of obsession) on how projects turn out, so I requested the shop to install the kit minus the switches. They routed the standard round switches up to the center console and then I did the trim work. The switches are exactly the same width as the top surface of the plastic tray so no margin for error to be perfectly centered.

It works good. Its been frigid here in the Northeast so I leave the heated seat button on high setting and remote start the truck for 10 minute. :smile2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Since I am in sub zero weather, I thought the heated seats would be great on my platinum. Not! Takes them a while to heat up, seems like they are connected to the heat of the vehicle’s heating system and not independently heated electrically...

·
356 Posts
I believe the heated seats are electrical and not tied to your heating system. They do take a bit to heat up but I use autostart so they're usually warming up by the time I hit the road.

A bit of correction on the OP... the factory heated/cooled seats have both seat and lumbar heat/cool. It also has 3 heat settings.

For those not pleased with their factory heated seats, the service mgr told me there will be an upcoming recall on the heated seats as sometimes the seat or lumbar part doesn't always heat up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts