Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a rough country light bar on my 2020 xd sl and on the way home the the AEB light came on. Looking at the drivers manual the camera in the windshield and the module in the bumper work together for this system. I am assuming since I move the module back to the frame to make room for the light bar to fit now has radio frequency issues. Has anyone relocated that module in the bumber higher maybe to grill area or anywhere else to still have it functional? Maybe someone that has replaced with metal bumber?.

·
468 Posts
I have not modified the placement of these devices and the reason is this;

The devices, their software, and the communication/connections we all designed and tested in concert with each other. It is extremely difficult to determine if anything you change, even IF it doesn't set of a system fault, has effected the system's ability to perform it's function. Engineers working in multiples are notorious for making these systems difficult to reverse engineer. Among the various factors that may be hardwired firmware or programmed software include determinations of angle of signal/image, distance of object, size and rate of size change of the object, the triangulation from sensor near mirror and sensor on front of vehicle, and so on.

If you feel you absolutely must mess with them I would suggest finding some means of re-mounting as close as possible to the original location. You are running the risk of the system not working or working incorrectly when it is needed most.

If you feel the extra light is more important than the extra safety system then just remove & disable the system, I guess.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was kinda o no what now I just cut the hole in my bumper and now what. So I moved it up to the area behind the grill. 30cm away from the frame or radiator like it says in owners manual. AEB from what I understand use the camera next too the review mirror and the module in lower section of bumper which produces radio frequency. I moved the module to a better location now will see if the warning light returns.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts