Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ladies and gents AFE has released there cold air intake (with a dyno sheet)
And a tuner for the XD ... 45 HP and 80TQ not bad for a starting point!!
Check em out afepower.com

With this release now it won't be long and there should be more products to compare with..

I would like to see a some tuners sitting safely around the 70HP 100TQ with DPF, and Deleted I would love to see anything lol.

What are your thoughts???

Reactions: Thestairmaster

·
1,269 Posts
If it will affect warranty.....I'll wait

I'm glad to hear that the engine is finally going to see some improvements. I'm willing to buy into any improvements that won't affect my warranty. Can't wait till more products arrive on the market!

·
88 Posts
**** that's nice.. I would wait till someone has a dpf delete with tuner before buying any tuner
This one says it doesn't leave any trace on the ECU, and only 30 min install. So you can take it out before going to the dealer. Going to be quite a bit more work getting your truck back to stock before taking it to the dealer with delete kit.

·
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agreed, if they don't see it, how do they stop your warranty? My 06 dodge 5.9 had a tuner on it and it didn't leave a foot print. I took full advantage of warranty lol right up to my 160k mark.

·
173 Posts
If its true it will really wake up this truck up. 355hp and 635 lb ft is pretty good.

Reactions: BIGPOPPA66

·
1,979 Posts
They can & will see it of they want to bad enough, It's been documented that Ford has torn down motors to look at the spray pattern on top of the pistons. I guess tuners can turn up the PSI so much that the injectors spray differently & it's clearly visible.
And everything done with computers these days leave some kind of electronic mark.

·
165 Posts
I've definitely heard the same. As much as they say they can't pick it up, if they really wanted to, they could.

Any electronic, like stated above, leaves a trace at some point.

·
281 Posts
And everything done with computers these days leave some kind of electronic mark.
I urge caution here guys. They can scan more deeply than we might want to believe. Have read they can tell if the ECM settings were changed, but might not be able to tell exactly what they were. If you were to do it there could be 2 marks depending on history recorded, one for your power flash and one to reset it to OEM. If it were done by Nissan, there will likely be a record of it. If it wasn't done by Nissan, you might a have a fight on your hands. Is it really worth it to tinker with it while still under warranty? This is a little different than checking transmission fluid levels.

·
160 Posts
I'm a technician at a Nissan dealer not to worried about my warranty..lol.. to be honest we really don't have that much access to the programming of the ecm beside reprogramming it with updated Nissan numbers...if they send out engineers to look at the truck they have more access then the dealer

·
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well from the looks of this Chip its not installing new software, its plugged inline and will be modifying the boost and fuel pressure and injector duration. Same idea as Edge and any other plug and play chips. Its not getting loaded threw the OBD II so there wont be any flash counts.
If they want to see whats going on in your engine they will. If the computer is able to log data than they will be able to see everything right away especially the boost and fuel pressures those lil buggers will be red flagged for being adjusted out of the set spec.

·
141 Posts
The point of the plug and play is fooling, the computer See's stock numbers. The magic box is changing what the computer See's. if they want to pull the heads the only thing they could see would be that the spray pattern is a bit cleaner which could be explained away by towing. If it went ape shite like 120hp they could tell but 30hp, not so much. The only real draw back is no timing advance, and not being able to lose an injection event. Which is where the goodness comes from.

·
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The only real draw back is no timing advance, and not being able to lose an injection event. Which is where the goodness comes from.
I agree 100%

·
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
well I asked AFE to get the numbers for there chip and they sent this dyno sheet for the 4 settings over to me.

Reactions: Thestairmaster

·
141 Posts
Not too bad for a first run pressure box, about the same as the old edge/bully box's.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Anyone planning on switching to one of the air filters on the AFE website. Look basically like a K & N. I've always used those filters in my gas engines. Read one post saying they are not really good for diesel's. Looking for opinion's.

·
1,979 Posts
Anyone planning on switching to one of the air filters on the AFE website. Look basically like a K & N. I've always used those filters in my gas engines. Read one post saying they are not really good for diesel's. Looking for opinion's.
They really are not good for any engine, just stay with the factory setup.

·
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ya the drop in filters are not really the best. For me I've always used a cold air system on my trucks every truck ive ever owned.
I like the idea of cooler air getting sucked in, now with egrs running keeping your intake temps as low as possible is ideal. Thats why ram has gone there "active air" box and GM will be doing a ram air...
yes a lot of guys will say there no good this and that but I've never had an issue on any of my trucks and to hear the engine breath/ turbo spool always puts a smile on my face.

Reactions: Bikerndiver

·
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Awesome!! Ya I'm going to be getting the intake soon too just waiting for someone to stock it in Canada.

1 - 20 of 168 Posts