Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know there are many discussions about this system but I might be the first to find an issue with regarding fitment on current 20+ Pro-4x Model

So I recently ordered this setup for my 2020 Pro-4x XD and received the scoop yesterday. I tried to test fit last night and noticed that the lights for the 2020 Pro-4x and Platinum Reserve are different than the S & SV models not just by the look but but the top of the light being much higher. The pictures I pulled from the web should show what I'm talking about. I reached out to AFE just now to see if there's a fix but just wanted to let those of you know before you purchase.

Picture 1 is from AFE website that shows the previous 2019 lights and current S & SV 2020 lights.
Picture 2 shows the top plastic that doesn't let the scoop sit flush as shown in pic 1.
Picture 3 is the previous years and current 2020 S & SV lights.

I'll provide a better pic today when I get home with the scoop in place.

Has anyone else ran into this??

Attachments

·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Took some photos so you all can see. The headlight for the SL, pro 4X and platinum reserve don’t work with the AFE scoop so I’m in contact with AFE now to see if there’s a fix or replacement part in the works.

Attachments

·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AFE reached back out and have developed a new scoop for model year 20+ Pro4x, SL and Platinum Reserve models. Will update when it comes in.

·
1 Posts
AFE reached back out and have developed a new scoop for model year 20+ Pro4x, SL and Platinum Reserve models. Will update when it comes in.
Did you get a new scoop and get it installed? I have a 21 Pro4X XD and am looking at adding some performance bits. Doesn't appear to be a ton of info on Gas trucks on here.

·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did get the new scoop and it’s still wrong. Looks like AFE is just trying to save money by trimming the original. I resent photos showing the “new” scoop is still wrong so they’re working on it.

·
1,044 Posts
Seems like a lot of hassle to get this absurdly expensive intake to fit, which isn’t going to net you any power or gains.

Korey at PPEI already proved it on the dyno with the XDs.

Kudos for getting them to fix it, though. You should make a template, dremel it to fit nicely and se f it back to them. Then tell them to reimburse you for the intake altogether for the free R&D.

·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seems like a lot of hassle to get this absurdly expensive intake to fit, which isn’t going to net you any power or gains.

Korey at PPEI already proved it on the dyno with the XDs.

Kudos for getting them to fix it, though. You should make a template, dremel it to fit nicely and se f it back to them. Then tell them to reimburse you for the intake altogether for the free R&D.
I’m almost at that point of asking for a free system. AFE sent me the new scoop for free and I returned the old to my original seller.
The only benefit to this system is the noise. But I’m bored so I bought it anyways...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts