Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed get way better mpg after towing something? I pulled my bass boat the other day maybe 2500lb? And now am getting better mpg even better than my personal best 22.1 its getting about 2 or 3 mpg better than normal

·
185 Posts
hey there. ya this seems to be common (at least for me it is). I tow a 9k lb enclosed race car trailer and after a 500-1000 mile tow the truck will run it's absolute best the next week when driving unloaded. back when i was using a combination street/track car for 'fun' events and was driving it to the track and not towing it to the track (both my current racecars are true full on racecars without interiors running full cages and no insurance or registration or plates so I always have to tow them now!) -- the week after a two day track event (where I'd put 4 hrs or so full throttle track time on the car/engine) it would run INCREDIBLY well driving back and forth to work; mpg would be up 3-4 and the motor and car would just feel more powerful and smooth.

I always just figured that the injectors were super clean and the combustion chamber was cleaned up and the motor was so called 'blown out with a Italian tuneup'. so ya, when you work them really hard they seem to run better the next several weeks or so.

·
164 Posts
All that plus you really cleaned the filter out (if you still have one under there). Cummins like to be worked and run like a top afterwards.

Stay frosty

1 - 3 of 3 Posts