Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for mud flaps,vent visors, heavy duty brush guard, and some kind of off road heavy duty running board? Seems like the aftermarket is dragging there feet releasing products. Also I would love some kind of programmer as I feel acceleration on my pro-x4 leaves a lot to be desired especially after trading my 2014 tundra 5.7 in on the titan xd

·
22 Posts
Jcarnes,

Pretty sure the aftermarket is frantically trying to develop and release parts for the new Titan. I know we are. However Nissan has been EXTREMELY tight about access to the truck for CAD/CAM data, measuring, trial fitments, etc. Plus, even with US-made accessories, there will probably be offshore-manufactured components (for us, it's any molded plastic parts.) For example, if a special molded part must be made, the company has to CAD/CAM design the new piece, 3D-print a prototype, and test fit it (we JUST got access to the trucks, remember.) If all is good, we then must have the mold made and the parts shipped. BEST CASE, this takes 8 weeks. Fortunately, the new XD bed is almost a perfect rectangle (unlike the other big trucks) and is almost the same width and length as the Silverado/Sierra. So, for our company, the new tonneau was extremely easy for to develop (a few different clamps/mounts is all.)

I didn't mean to bore you here. Just wanted to explain why the aftermarket products haven't been flooding the market yet. They will be soon though!

ERIC

·
Premium Member
233 Posts

·
908 Posts
Any indication when Nissan will start giving more info to tuners?

It is hard enough for the dealers to get any information. I would be surprised if they would be forth coming with information to third parties that they don't have working agreements with.
When Cummins had to write a new program for Footloose to correct his engine light it had to be approved by Nissan.
Manufacturers consider programming to be their intellectual property and like to protect it.

·
1,300 Posts
Tunes will be released by bully dog and edge at some point and I'm sure there will a buck of others... only issue is there won't be delete kits for a while which sucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts