Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I've spent hours trying to research this but am coming up inconclusive with an answer. I'm looking to install an aftermarket stereo in my 2017 Nissan Titan SV (with backup camera and parking/blind spot sensors). The controls I really use on my steering wheel is the up/down rocker to cycle through songs and the call answer/hang up buttons for taking calls. The up/down rocker also controls the menu options on the dash gauges if the settings menu is selected.

Has anyone successfully managed to get all these functions to work with an aftermarket stereo in their Gen2 Titan yet? I've emailed Axxess to see if their ASWC-1 will do the trick, but haven't received a response yet, any details or insight would be very much appreciated. I've reviewed many threads in this forum and still am not finding an answer to the steering wheel control conundrum, they tend to trail off and not get a final confirmation whether it will work or not (or people saying that they will post an update but never do :\ )

Thanks!

·
30 Posts
Getting them to work the stereo is the easy part. Keeping the dash controls is trickier. I have them all working but mixed up with a PAC swi-rc. A couple people have said they had it working perfectly with the Axxess, but are vague on explanation and won't show the dash in their videos so I don't know. I used a guide over on clubfrontier, but I think there are a couple of different radio configurations. I have the most basic radio with backup camera.

·
435 Posts
I'm afraid I can't offer any hopeful advice here.

I've seen three different attempts to swap in "upgraded" aftermarket systems and then try to integrate them with the vehicle systems and controls. In all three cases the best anyone did with trying to use the stock switches on the steering wheel was to remap the switches such that the vehicle system controls still operated as normal and the stereo system made use of the volume control only, with varying combos on short, long, and holding the button down to access basic remote stereo functions.

I did not see the system but the service manager I know has two Titans at home, one his and the other his wifes. After wresting with it for about 6 months he pulled the system out and sold it on craigslist, then bought and installed one that came with a remote controlling which had several buttons and a joystick, and mounted that separate controlled on the steering wheel flush with one spoke (arm) and tight inside with the central hub. It actually looked almost stock. Left some stock buttons on the steering wheel without a function, but at least everything was working and had a control on the wheel.

Given all of his headaches with it I would have decided that reaching over to the center console wasn't such a problem after all.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
6 Posts
I'm afraid I can't offer any hopeful advice here.

I've seen three different attempts to swap in "upgraded" aftermarket systems and then try to integrate them with the vehicle systems and controls. In all three cases the best anyone did with trying to use the stock switches on the steering wheel was to remap the switches such that the vehicle system controls still operated as normal and the stereo system made use of the volume control only, with varying combos on short, long, and holding the button down to access basic remote stereo functions.

I did not see the system but the service manager I know has two Titans at home, one his and the other his wifes. After wresting with it for about 6 months he pulled the system out and sold it on craigslist, then bought and installed one that came with a remote controlling which had several buttons and a joystick, and mounted that separate controlled on the steering wheel flush with one spoke (arm) and tight inside with the central hub. It actually looked almost stock. Left some stock buttons on the steering wheel without a function, but at least everything was working and had a control on the wheel.

Given all of his headaches with it I would have decided that reaching over to the center console wasn't such a problem after all.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Anyone had any luck with the stock 360 camera on an aftermarket system?

·
1 Posts
Well I messed with this for about a month and a half and I finally got it working with a SWI-CP5- The instructions are not right as I used 100, 200, 220, and 270 ohm resistors and all returned different functions. After a month of back and forth I finally got ahold of someone in support that knew Nissan and the issue. The 200 ohm resistor(s) is to get the menu working on the dashboard, that is the main function, once the menu is functioning stop and read on. The ohm reading for volume up and down do not match what the settings for a titan are supposed to be that are pre programmed for the SWI-CP5, soooo you have to assign the value function in universal mode. To do this turn the first 8 dip switches up(put in complete universal mode) and the last dip switches programmed to the radio you have, For mine it is an Alpine. Take it slow and go through all the manual programming steps, works like a charm. I have all of my steering wheel controls back! Boom

·
11 Posts
I got a '17 XD SV, gas. regular cab. I got my steering wheel control to work by following the Troubleshooting section on the Axess vehicle specific instruction. https://metradealer.com/files/aswc/AXSWC_INST_855.pdf

As a first time installer, I mistakenly put the 3.5mm connector on the AUX jack of the new Pioneer 2550nex head unit. That connector needs to go to the W/R (wired remote) jack. Then push in and out several times to loosen up the jack, and then push it in hard the last time. (.....that's what she said)

Then, I removed the T taps on Pin 11 and 12 that I used to connect to the ASWC-1 pink and blue/pink wire because the T taps apparently added resistance. I soldered the connections where the T taps were. I also added the 68 ohm 1/4 resistor between the ASWC-1 pink and blue/pink wire that I cost $0.10 each, but the shipping was an outrageous $7.99!!!!

Then everything worked!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts