Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
15 Posts
I'm curious if anyone is sitting on a good or bad video of how the Infotainment bezel comes apart, to gain access behind the Unit. (I remember the 1st Gens were like an easy pop-off)
I've tried to find a place to attempt to pop-off the XD bezel but no success, yet.
I'd appreciate any hints as to how to go about it. (If anyone out there has successfully done it)
My stereo is the Infotainment version with RF.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
If you want to DM me your email I can send you the PDF instructions I got from Crutchfield. It is a full walk through.

·
15 Posts
So, I have completed the upgrade, and everything went through great with one small problem....Now that I have connected the 2 gauge power for the aftermarket amp and JL Audio Fix - the security system warning light is lit up. Its the wrong key light with the black key surrounded by the red car light. If I disconnect the power lead wire the light goes away...connect it and its back again - I am curious if it is creating too much draw on the battery, or maybe tripped some load sensor...anyone else had this problem?

My install
JL Audio Fix 86
JL Audio 100x4 for front/back speakers
Focal component 6 3/4 front door with 1" tweeter which I installed in the dash corner locations
RF 6 3/4 rear door
XS Power battery with top and side post connections (got this thinking that the security issue above was because I piggy backed one of the connections on the factory battery terminal)

Upcoming is a new amp along with subs in a custom fiberglass enclosure under the rear seats to replace the Titan box.

Will get pics up this weekend.

·
9 Posts
I really like my RF system in this truck but infotament system is garbage, definitely will be following this to see what options you guys come up with Would love car play or android.

·
169 Posts
100% Agree.

I really like my RF system in this truck but infotament system is garbage, definitely will be following this to see what options you guys come up with Would love car play or android.
I really don't want to change out too much, I just want a better functioning infotainment/Nav system.

·
116 Posts
I got the Alpine Halo 9 installed. I don't have steering wheel controls functioning yet. I got the wiring diagram from Nissan so hoping the Alpine rep and his tech contact can figure it out.

here's a link to the Halo

https://alpine-usa.com/product/view/alpine-halo9-radio-apple-carplay-android-auto-ilx-f309

There's a way to program the unit so you can mirror your phone while driving. The unit is a really nice upgrade from factory, if you have the RF system I'd be skeptical of getting this. The installer had a tough time wiring, and the sound is much louder on dash speakers. It'll take some tweaking to get the sound good. The backup camera looks much cleaner.

·
29 Posts
Please let us know if Alpine comes up with a steering wheel fix

·
30 Posts
Ok so good news and bad news. Good news I was able to get the steering controls to work with the ASCW-1. Bad news is we lose the ability to control the instrument cluster panel. Basically the way the XD is wired is the steering control switch goes to the cluster panel. I cut the 2 wires for the steering control switch at the cluster panel. Hence eliminating those from working. It did allow the switches to control the aftermarket HU. Once I have the ASCW-1 programmed and reconnect the cluster panel wires I lose Volume up and the arrow right. We retain volume down and arrow left. But we are not able to arrow left on the cluster anymore. So basically I feel like I am at square one. Ill have to wait to talk to the guys at AXXESS and hopefully they can help with the programming. I am hoping the information I found can help them figure out which wires we need on the ASCW-1.
Hey buddy you still around? Would like to ask you a few questions. I have my dash all taken apart and my new Sony HU hanging out all the audio and stuff works and I am pretty sure the camera is going to be easy. I have the ASWC-1, but I have no real idea on where to start. My steering wheel controls will not do anything on the driver info center at this point but I have not touched any of the wires up there.

·
7 Posts
I’m around. Just a heads up I ended up putting my factory radio back in. We lose all information and abilities on the driver information. Oil change info. Tire info. All that stuff. But ask away I’ll try to help as mush as I can.

·
30 Posts
I’m around. Just a heads up I ended up putting my factory radio back in. We lose all information and abilities on the driver information. Oil change info. Tire info. All that stuff. But ask away I’ll try to help as mush as I can.
You kind of answered my question already then. I wonder how the guy that said he had the switch to control the radio or the dirver info in had it working?? I was hoping I would miss it since I have the very limited driver info on the Same model, but I have everything kind of halfway taking apart and unplugging the 32 pin connector kills the driver info center so I'm at a loss here. Been looking at some stuff over on club frontier and a few schematics and will be giving some stuff a try though.

Edit: I just realized you were the guy with the switch. How the heck does that work??

·
30 Posts
Ok fellas, I have achieved a 95 percent successful install. Everything works including the steering wheel controls, it is just that the buttons do not do what they are supposed to on the dash. For the driver information down is enter, hang up is right, and right is left. Not a big issue for me with the limited menus on the S model anyway. If you want to you can follow these instructions. Follow the pin numbers not the wire colors. Also the metra harness that you will get for the main connection the illumination pin had to be pulled out and moved over one spot(use a safety pin to get the wires out). Look at the FSM for the correct pin location for illumination.

https://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f24/2016-oem-headunit-replacement-342674/

https://pac-audio.com/swi-guide#2017-nissan-frontier-swi-rc/15147/31
(change the radio brand to your brand)

The FSM:
https://pac-audio.com/swi-guide#2017-nissan-frontier-swi-rc/15147/31

Its possible you could have even more success with the steering wheel controls if you varied which resistor you use on the SWI-RC, but I was tired of messing with the **** thing.

Let me know if anyone has more success.

Edit: the correct FSM link:
https://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Titan/2016 Titan/2016 Titan XD/AV.pdf

·
7 Posts
I didn't lose any of the info for oil change, tire rotation, etc. The steering wheel controls can be made to work. Check out the Facebook group on Titan Cummins owners for a recent write-up. I also got the Idatalink to work as well.
Can you share the Facebook link?

通过我的 LYA-L0C 上的 Tapatalk发言

·
7 Posts
Ok Guys, have done some research about the after market head unit with around view camera, seems it is doable, but I don't have time to testify.
Here is my idea:
From the other forum, there is a AVM module combine all 4 camera signals and out put to display, with a camera switch to control the display mode.
The theroey is you need to remove the factory head unit and find the out put signal and connect to any RCA LCD display and a switch. Put your XD to reverse and see how this works.
Since we are looking to retain the around view camera, it should be working indenpent to the factory head unit.

通过我的 LYA-L0C 上的 Tapatalk发言

21 - 40 of 57 Posts