Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1,300 Posts
What ATC has said, you can install them to level the ride and what not but, you still need to follow your numbers. Just because the truck is level doesn't mean the weight is gone lol the more you add the steering gets light and F150 like... you dont want that as you might be needing some T.P when you reach your destination.

·
260 Posts
Absolutely not--plus what atc and dragon4x4 said. Should you do it? That's your call as your truck could likely handle currently spec'd payload better, but know that (substantially) exceeding payload can result in earlier failure of other components that are designed for the current payload spec. Earlier failure could also lead you hanging with your warranty. You will also be reducing your payload headroom by adding that hardware!

·
37 Posts
A set of airbags can be filled with a bicycle pump---you don't need an on board compressor so the added weight to your truck is negligible

Will they increase the payload capacity? No, but they absolutely will improve truck handling, whether you're towing (tongue weight) or carrying (payload)

I've put airbags in every truck I've ever owned (two Toyota Tundras and this morning, will be installing the Firestone Air Lift 5000's in my Titan XD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts