Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a pro-4x xd diesel has 4000 miles tires cupped at 3000 miles bad so I rotated them truck pulls to right so I took it to the dealer they've had it 3 days so far and are telling me they can't get it in spec I have not hit any holes or anything even if I did it's supposed be a heavy duty truck so here I am with a 60k sticker truck pretty pissed right now! and if it gets within spec more than likely it's Goning to give me issues down road anybody else experiencing this?

·
348 Posts
The dealer needs to get a hold of Nissan. They have expanded the alignment specs for at least the Pro4Xs. Mine drifted from the start, dealer checked alignment and all was within specs. Took back a week later, kept truck all day, dealer got approved expanded alignment specs from Nissan, made adjustment, perfect, straight as can be.

·
Banned
369 Posts
Mine too is at the dealer for the right drift. They have done 3 rounds of Alignments and tire rotation so far but still not able to fix it. They are contacting Nissan to get expertise. It looks like it's a factory assembly defect. Will update when I get it back.

·
165 Posts
This is extremely common, there are tons of people getting this issue. At least get a TSB out there or something

·
70 Posts
My Pro-4X did this from the beginning. I took to the dealer and they made a minor change it was a bit better but still pulled the right. My friends trucks all do this also and all are 3/4 ton big 3. My tires were not wearing strange at all. Talked to a friend of mine who works at a Dodge dealer and he told his alignment guy about it and this is what he said so don't blast me for it makes some sense and would explain why my tires are not wearing uneven. He said due to the 2-3 degree crown they are building on most roads these days they compensate for that in the alignment. Sometimes if I'm going down a really flat road or there is no on coming traffic and I move to the center it doesn't pull either direction if it was truly off it should always pull in my opinion. Again just stating what he said. Might be total BS but thats what he said and if the tires aren't wearing then it might have some truth to it. If you have ever looked at a Nascar they look like the whole body is on crooked when going around the track to compensate for the angle and I'm sure to help it turn. Anyhow just what I heard it still bothers me but as long as my tires aren't wearing I'm just going to let it go for now.

·
Banned
369 Posts
My Pro4x pulls to the right on every possible surface. I have tried it on the HWY, neighborhood roads, and I even went on opposite direction on one of the county roads that has 2-3 degree crown, which should've pulled left in this case, but still the same. The thing is we're noticing this because probably all our previous cars/trucks did not do it. It's very noticeable and I have to constantly slightly steer left in order to drive straight. I believe it's either a bad design or a factory assembly defect.

·
4 Posts
My PRO4X drives straight as an arrow. Actually drove on wrong side of a 4 Lane highway today for a few miles, due to road construction, and the truck would drift slightly to the left when I let go of steering wheel. Which is what I would expect.

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got truck back last Tuesday drove it all weekend it still pulls to the right. I see other post of this issue and seems to be quiet a few. I didn't pay almost 60k for a truck to pull to the right and wear tires I'm getting all my documentation dealer has 2 more tries then I will contact dealer for lemon law Nissan can buy there junk back. Should of never got ride of my tundra I hate the Titan more ever day

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Noticed even in level paved driveway going slow the truck pulls to right looks like 2 more dealer trips and it will be lawyer trip for lemon law

·
904 Posts
Been watching this post for a little while now... Got in my truck yeterday and said I will see what happens... YEP you guessed it... pulled to the right. Guess since I have been driving it I have just been compensating for it. Tires don't seem to be wearing unevenly (at 6000 miles) and next time I get it to dealer will have them check it out.

·
Banned
369 Posts
Today is my second trip to the dealer for the Alignment issue. After one week at dealership it wasn't fixed, although it's a little better now. Let's see what will they do/say this time. I got one more try after this and will see if lemon law applies with this issue.

·
49 Posts
Mine has the same issue.. cupped tires and pulls to the right.. They say it is bad tires and are waiting on Nissan to do something about the tires. The last Alignment they did the took it out of Nissan specks and it is much better.. I am not constantly fighting the wheel. It only seems to be on the Pro-X4 with the Nitto tires.. I drove a platinum reserve and it was strait as a arrow down the road. My dealer calls me every week to check on my truck.. The dealers are working very hard to solve this issue.. I miss my tundra also..:) But I love how this truck pulls my trailer.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Apparently not just a Pro-4X issue. Guess I don't even realize I am always correcting the pull to the right. Checked on several roads the last week. As soon as you let go of the wheel. Truck goes right, steering wheel does not move. Problem now is finding tome to get it into dealer.

·
Banned
369 Posts
My dealership was cleared to adjust the alignment to 6%. It doesn't pull that much now although still does. I was also told that Nissan has lunched an investigation since a lot of owners have reported the issue. Keep notifying your dealer if you notice the problem. Maybe Nissan will issue a recall once they figure it out.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
i ran into my Nissan mechanic today, Told him of issue, he said he's putting in a call to techline today.

·
2 Posts
Any News?

My dealership was cleared to adjust the alignment to 6%. It doesn't pull that much now although still does. I was also told that Nissan has lunched an investigation since a lot of owners have reported the issue. Keep notifying your dealer if you notice the problem. Maybe Nissan will issue a recall once they figure it out.
TexasPRO4X - So your dealer made an adjustment and it still pulls to the right. Is that all the dealer is going to do? Were they going to contact Nissan about a fix? Thanks for your help in advance!

·
147 Posts
I have an SL 2wd, no alignment issues
I'm gonna have to take my previous post back. I think mine is drifting right more than it should after paying more attention to it and comparing it to how our 2015 pathfinder tracks on the same roads.

I had originally written off the right drift to the 1-3 degree right slopes on the roads I drive but it seems to drift too much too fast. This is comparing to my old titan as well as the pathfinder...

·
Banned
369 Posts
TexasPRO4X - So your dealer made an adjustment and it still pulls to the right. Is that all the dealer is going to do? Were they going to contact Nissan about a fix? Thanks for your help in advance!
Yes it still does although it's a little better now. Dealer does not know what else to do and has setup a Nissan engineer to come and look at it. I was told it takes about 2-3 weeks to have the engineer come. also, as I have previously mentioned, My dealership technician was told that Nissan has launched an investigation because of the large numbers of owners have reported the issue. It is important to take your truck to the dealer so they document and report the problem.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts