Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
25 Posts
Looking good for about the next 2 hours... Lol... Parked it in front of the camper. Truck is just begging to pull the airstream... Can't be soon enough. Hopefully beginning of April we can pull it out and go somewhere!
Good looking combination. I'm with ya brother on ready to pull the travel trailer. Planning 4000 mile trip in May. That's what these trucks are made for. Enjoy!!!

·
608 Posts
Looks great, both the truck and the trailer.

Did you do all the waxing yourself? Trailer and truck?

2 hours is a bit of a commitment. Hope it stays looking good for a while.

Cheers!

·
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks great, both the truck and the trailer.

Did you do all the waxing yourself? Trailer and truck?

2 hours is a bit of a commitment. Hope it stays looking good for a while.

Cheers!
The trailer hasn't been waxed yet this year... That is quite an undertaking. I use a product called walbernize on the camper and a buffer / polisher. I used meguiars gold glass carnuba wax on the truck. It turned out pretty well! Hopefully It will protect the paint a little from these darn scratches a bit.

·
9 Posts
Looking good. I purchased my XD in February and absolutely love it. I pulled my 33 foot camper ( 8700 lbs ) for the first time this weekend. Pulled through the mountains of southern, Ohio and West Virginia. Averaged 10.3 mpg at between 65 and 75 mph. The XD was just cruising and begging for more speed. Love it.
The only bad part is I was caught in a terrible hail storm and now have extensive hail damage to the truck. A piece of hail or a tree limb even went through the vinyl tanneau cover. Broke the skylight in the camper. I hope the insurance company treats me right.

Attachments

·
203 Posts
Looking good. I purchased my XD in February and absolutely love it. I pulled my 33 foot camper ( 8700 lbs ) for the first time this weekend. Pulled through the mountains of southern, Ohio and West Virginia. Averaged 10.3 mpg at between 65 and 75 mph. The XD was just cruising and begging for more speed. Love it.
The only bad part is I was caught in a terrible hail storm and now have extensive hail damage to the truck. A piece of hail or a tree limb even went through the vinyl tanneau cover. Broke the skylight in the camper. I hope the insurance company treats me right.
That sucks! The hail part, but awesome hearing how it towed your camper.

·
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry about the hail. ?. I think I recognize where your pic was taken. Was it on 77? If you came through on i70 you were only a few miles from me. Thanks for update on mpg towing. I got hit with hail in My old titan and old airstream down by summersville wv a few years back... It sucks

·
9 Posts
Where picture was taken

The picture was taken at the rest stop in Williamstown, WV on I77. The hail damage occurred at Mineral Wells,WV. I was camping and went to Cracker Barrel for supper. Worst hail storm that I have ever seen.
Will call the Nissan dealer tomorrow to set up an estimate for repairs.
I have to say that I love that truck. It pulls a camper so well with practically no driver fatigue.

·
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Been to that rest area many times! Dutch pantry right next door. Sorry about the truck. Can't wait to take our trailer camping.

·
9 Posts
The Dutch Pantry is a great place to eat. I traded a Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7 for the XD. The Tundra did an outstanding job towing my camper but the XD does much better. Would not go back to the Tundra.

·
88 Posts
If you use one of the better sealants, you don't want to put any wax on top. Yeah, you'll give that extra layer of temporary protection, but you lose the surface properties of the sealant, which on the good ones is extreme hydrophobia and anti-static properties to keep dust from sticking. (I have my own mobile detailing business)

The best sealant I've used so far is Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant 3.0. A ceramic semi-permanent coating is the next step up, but quite a bit more expensive and more involved prep work, and a little trickier to apply. The Wolfgang sealant has kept it's properties pretty good on my girl's car for over a year after only one application. I use it on my own vehicle every month or so just because I can haha, so I don't get to test the longevity too often.

·
165 Posts
If you use one of the better sealants, you don't want to put any wax on top. Yeah, you'll give that extra layer of temporary protection, but you lose the surface properties of the sealant, which on the good ones is extreme hydrophobia and anti-static properties to keep dust from sticking. (I have my own mobile detailing business)

The best sealant I've used so far is Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant 3.0. A ceramic semi-permanent coating is the next step up, but quite a bit more expensive and more involved prep work, and a little trickier to apply. The Wolfgang sealant has kept it's properties pretty good on my girl's car for over a year after only one application. I use it on my own vehicle every month or so just because I can haha, so I don't get to test the longevity too often.
Nice ! I've never had experience with Wolfgang products, but I've used the Sonax Polymer NetShield quite often. Definitely really happy with it, but I used to use it once and top with carnauba when I was going out to a meet or something lol. But I can see how testing longevity would be difficult.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts