Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the higher country in AZ. Selling the X------terra after 5 years. No problems with it, just towing @ 70% of its 5000 lb capacity. Does OK, just want more "headroom", so to speak. No rule that you need to tow to the max!

Just about to pull the trigger on a new Cummins XD Pro-4x, pearl white with utility and convenience pkgs. The Titan boxes will be a nice add-on, too. Will have greater comfort, better stability (and the wife will feel better when towing!), and more range even if only the same mpg. Will try w/o the running boards for a while. Noticed on test drives was stepping over them to get in, anyway!

Have been reading the TitanXD Forum ever since Oct or so of 2015. Have learned a lot and my hat's off to all those who jumped into the mix with the earlier builds. Many thanks for the posts here. Sorry to hear of the issues and hope they are promptly resolved.

Some of those issues gave me pause, especially when mpg dropped from 20s to 7.5 on one I was test driving. That's when I learned about the specifics of regen and the problems the big 3 were having with it. Am hoping the late spring builds have fewer gremlins. Have been checking the sat antenna, shifting patterns, engine behavior, pulling on tailgate latches, sliding rear window latches, and now have to check for "drift right" on the highway!

Also coming from 16 yrs diesel experience (and 5th wheel towing) with a 99 1/2 Powerstroke including wrenching it pretty good DIY, even having to repair an UVCH wiring harness behind the visitor's center in Dawson City, YK in 2015. It was also an earlier build and had major issues with the 4R100 tranny and other growing pains. It has a Banks StingerPlus upgrade with a Banks Brake. Power and Torque a skosh more than the XD, but without the XD gear ratios. Will be hanging on to it for a while. Hope I don't miss the BB with the XD. For now, though with the lighter towing load, just gearing down the XD should be fine.

Again, many thanks and will be back later!

Reactions: Jtp

·
348 Posts
My gas Pro4X has a build date of 3/16, can't get much earlier for gas, only issue was a slight drift to right, which was corrected. 1,300 miles, time will tell though.

·
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Once the XD has been acquired, will include build date along with configuration in my sig. In fact, just might pay attention to build date in general before buying. One thing that concerned me a little was the dealer I'm planning on buying from had two certified XD technicians and they both quit. They've now brought a RAM tech on board.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Once the XD has been acquired, will include build date along with configuration in my sig. In fact, just might pay attention to build date in general before buying. One thing that concerned me a little was the dealer I'm planning on buying from had two certified XD technicians and they both quit. They've now brought a RAM tech on board.
Mine was made early December. I wouldn't change a thing. I expected first year glitches. But not really there. Nissan wants feedback and is very eager to correct things. Bought a late run 2015 f150 before the xd. Ford wasn't eager to correct anything and alot of issues i was having carried over to the 16's

·
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine was made early December........Ford wasn't eager to correct anything and alot of issues i was having carried over to the 16's
Ford is still dealing with regen issues on the 6.7 in 2016 that appeared in the 2011s! I don't know the exact number affected each year but enough trucks have a shuddering issue during regen that warrant issuing a TSB practically every year since then to replace the driver's side exhaust valves to correct the condition on affected trucks (this part of what I learned about modern day diesels after experiencing regen on the XD on a test drive).

Ford was never really interested in correcting some of the issues I had with trans cooling on the early 99.5. I could go on. And Ford could never get my Supercab doors straightened out. That's one of the reasons I became a DIYer on mine. Never saw a dealer again after 2003 when the tranny failed @53K miles and 2 months out of warranty in South Dakota. I ultimately rebuilt the replacement tranny at John Woods in Yuma, AZ. So my interest in the XD is razor sharp. I suspect in about 4 days will be a proud owner.

·
149 Posts
My gas Pro4X has a build date of 3/16, can't get much earlier for gas, only issue was a slight drift to right, which was corrected. 1,300 miles, time will tell though.

What did they do to fix the drift issue. Mine does the same and I don't want them to claim it's just the alignment.

·
31 Posts
I think you'll love the decision to go xd. I have a May 2016 build and going on 1000 miles now with no issues! Love it and wife loves the room and comfort! Pearl white p4x is the nicest looking in my "somewhat biased opinion."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts