Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up a used Amerihood SSK style from a member on the FB groups for a reasonable price, got it painted and mounted.

The biggest issue i've run into is the hood hinges angle seems too high. The back end of the hood does not sit flush with the fender.

The shop who painted/mounted the hood for me suggested that relief cuts in the hinges may be required to increase the angle. Once the required angle is found, weld support braces or plates to cover the extended space.

You can't see the driver side, but the passenger side does have a more noticeable gap. I was told that the fender can be adjusted to move in. It will require removing the wheel well cover, headlight and loosening some bolts for the adjustment. Alternatively, I was also told that the hinges can be bent slightly while they are putting in the relief cuts.

First thing after I get the hood alignment worked out - Knight Rider LED lights in the scoop grill.

Second - remove the plastic cover from the AFE Cold air intake and put some weather stripping around the scoop port.

Any suggestions from you guys regarding the alignment issues?

Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Automotive side marker light Tire

·
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have same hood and was disappointed with how it fits as well. It's high where it attaches to hinges and the front doesn't line up perfectly either nor could the shop get factory bump stops to fit in the holes of hood . I'm debating putting factory hood back on. But looks good from a distance I'm just ocd.
That's why I'm gonna put relief cuts into the hinges to drop the back.

I believe Amerihood advertised this hood incorrectly. I believe it was made to ONLY fit the gasser XDs.

The hood and front end on the gassers differ slightly and if you look at where the ram scoop exit is, it doesn't align with the diesel air box but it does for the gassers air box.

It's been almost two weeks since I've emailed them regarding the fitment and the ram scoop exit to confirm my findings and no one has gotten back to me yet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts