Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Attachments

Premium Member
"AMSOIL has earned the trust of diesel enthusiasts and people who depend on diesel power to make a living.

They engineer their synthetic diesel oils to exceed minimum standards and outperform the competition.

Check out more about AMSOIL products below:
https://syntheticmotorsports.shopamsoil.com

#amsoil
#syntheticmotorsports
#duramaxoil
#cumminsoil
#powerstrokeoil
#nissanoil
#atvoil "
Dude....give it a rest....there is more Rotella and Delo product used in one Texas county than Amsoil sales in a year.
When you get a written endorsment from Cummins or any other engine manufacturer come see us馃榿....until then I and alot of other folks rank Amsoil right up there with Marvel Mystery Oil.
Sorry brother, don't mean to be harsh, but I've been doing this "diesel thing" (and a little hot rodding back in the day) since 1982.

Vendor
Dude....give it a rest....there is more Rotella and Delo product used in one Texas county than Amsoil sales in a year.
When you get a written endorsment from Cummins or any other engine manufacturer come see us馃榿....until then I and alot of other folks rank Amsoil right up there with Marvel Mystery Oil.
Sorry brother, don't mean to be harsh, but I've been doing this "diesel thing" (and a little hot rodding back in the day) since 1982.
Delo and Rotella are very well known products in the diesel community and have been for decades. For the person who just changes their oil at OEM scheduled intervals and are not concerned about what they are dumping in their motor picking up brand X at their local auto parts store or at their local car dealership Rotella and Delo are inexpensive and do their job.

AMSOIL has never concerned themselves with endorsements or certifications from manufacturers. They let their lubricants speak for themselves. @Arice, we appreciate your 30 plus years of dedication to the diesel community and your opinion on the brand of oil you choose. Your opinion on oil has been made very clear in our AMSOIL oil threads but we are here for the masses who may want alternatives or they want an extended drain, full synthetic motor oil option.

For those who are interested in learning more about AMSOIL lubricants, Synthetic Motorsports is here to help. Please let us know.

@Arice quit being such an ass to this guy. Your 30 years something years as a diesel mechanic does not make you an expert in lubrication and oils. Mrmanners isn't my amsoil dealer but I know my dealer could walk up and down everything you think you know with hard facts, science, and test results. Mrmanners is just doing his job, offering information.

Want to know whats a scam for snake oil? Big manufacturers and such doing back door deals to pay for endorsements so people like you buy their oil with no research. Every cummins approved product means that did just good enough to pass and was a cheap enough deal for cummins to buy in. I bet you also believe the oil dealers put in is the best because they say so :wacko:

I can tell you as a matter of a fact there are a handful of oils out there ,including amsoil, that will blow every oil you've mentioned in both of these posts clean out of the water. But please do continue using mediocre "good enough" oils. Let those of us who did real research and testing be happy with our far superior product.

I, personally, will switch to amsoil with next fluid changes... most likely.
Hey, BMW, if it gives you any more reason to switch I am deleted and tuned and running the amsoil single remote bypass filter. I am also using 5W-40 signature series. I had the oil tested at 9200 miles and was told send another test in at 20K; don't worry change oil or filter by a 3rd party lab. My oil was cleaner and had better numbers than most off the shelf junk new.

I can鈥檛 attest to the Amsoil oil but I can for the gear oil and transmission fluid.

My 05 Titan blew a rubber trans line at 161k. I lost all the trans fluid. I had to coast downhill to auto parts store. I refilled with Mobil ATF to get home. I pumped Mobil ATF out and replaced it with Amsoil.

I did regular drain and fills every 40k miles and used Amsoil Universal Transmission fluid. Most transmissions would be toast but I ran the **** out of the truck to 300k before selling it off and the trans fitted like new and never skipped a beat.

Premium Member
@Arice quit being such an ass to this guy. Your 30 years something years as a diesel mechanic does not make you an expert in lubrication and oils. Mrmanners isn't my amsoil dealer but I know my dealer could walk up and down everything you think you know with hard facts, science, and test results. Mrmanners is just doing his job, offering information.

Want to know whats a scam for snake oil? Big manufacturers and such doing back door deals to pay for endorsements so people like you buy their oil with no research. Every cummins approved product means that did just good enough to pass and was a cheap enough deal for cummins to buy in. I bet you also believe the oil dealers put in is the best because they say so

I can tell you as a matter of a fact there are a handful of oils out there ,including amsoil, that will blow every oil you've mentioned in both of these posts clean out of the water. But please do continue using mediocre "good enough" oils. Let those of us who did real research and testing be happy with our far superior product.
**** I don't know anything. I've just witnessed hundreds of Cummins ISX, Series 60 Detroits, and C15 Caterpillar engines do 300k -500k plus pulling 40 tons every day of their life before they need an in frame running that old Rotella and Delo馃榾
You would think anyone concerned with engine life would be a fleet owner with 200 trucks. If they could spend a little more money on oil to get significant more life out of an engine before spending 10k on an in frame don't you think they would be doing it?
Every metric and anomoly is measured in today's diesel engine and life expectancy in the fleet industry. If there are products that are proven that will prolong engine life and reduce maintenance and total ownership costs they are put in place almost immediately.....and thats why your Amsoil buddies have never answered my question: Name me one major diesel fleet running Amsoil.....you can get all your "scientists", engineers, and "experts" from your Amsoil folks all you want to to try and sale it....they aren't smarter than fleet managers and folks who live in the diesel industry every day. You keep drinking that Kool Aid brother馃榾

Premium Member
I, personally, will switch to amsoil with next fluid changes... most likely.
Hey, BMW, if it gives you any more reason to switch I am deleted and tuned and running the amsoil single remote bypass filter. I am also using 5W-40 signature series. I had the oil tested at 9200 miles and was told send another test in at 20K; don't worry change oil or filter by a 3rd party lab. My oil was cleaner and had better numbers than most off the shelf junk new.
I'm calling bullshit...post the lab results..and which lab?

Premium Member
.....and for everyone getting their feelings hurt or being defensive in this thread about me jumping on the Amsoil folks....well...they started it馃榿. An Amsoil rep in a previous post stated, implied and tried to convince the audience that Rotella synthetic was NOT API certified and "he couldn't find the certification anywhere". He knew he was lying and manipulating and I won't stand for it. BS is BS.
I simply provided a picture of the back of bottle of Rotella from last oil change and all got quiet...for a minute until this dude popped up.
If you'd like to fall for the fake profile name and rhetoric then please feel free to do so馃榾...

Oh dear Lord you fleet managers use whatever your accountants tell you that you're allowed to use. No I don't believe any fleet or manufacturer is going to upgrade to better quality oils. They will use whatever is good enough to work and keeps costs low. I work for an electrical utility as a relay technician. I see the same principle applied to the power system.

I will figure out how to post a pic and share my lab report.

And synthetic oil doesn't cause leaks. You either already had a rear main seal leak. To many factors you're ignoring to just out right blame oil.

This argument happens 100 times on the FB forums. It ends the same way "well I'm a diesel mechanic from before the engine even existed I know everything blah blah blah scamsoil pyramid scheme fleets use this stuff blah blah 've always used this so it must be the best" I tried different oils in my Titan XD and the best MPG, smoothest running, and least computer talking came from Amsoil sig.

Running Rotella T6, T5, and Mobile 1 after about 7500 miles I would get the service oil now warning. Im at 14,500 miles and haven't gotten that yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.