Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
3 Posts
So I picked up my Titan today with the new long block and new turbos, ECM etc. And returned to stock exhaust. Now, don’t know if I should keep or what. The warranty does not change still 100k and I am at 60. Engine is fully covered for 12months 12k miles which is about 6 months of driving. Talked w GM who is willing to work w me to get out and buy a gas Titan new but don’t want to go out another 45-50k.
Could chance it and just keep the Xd..or call it a day and tap out...
Thoughts on keeping vs unloading?

·
5 Posts
So I picked up my Titan today with the new long block and new turbos, ECM etc. And returned to stock exhaust. Now, don’t know if I should keep or what. The warranty does not change still 100k and I am at 60. Engine is fully covered for 12months 12k miles which is about 6 months of driving. Talked w GM who is willing to work w me to get out and buy a gas Titan new but don’t want to go out another 45-50k.
Could chance it and just keep the Xd..or call it a day and tap out...
Thoughts on keeping vs unloading?

·
5 Posts
This same thing happen to me on my 2016 Nissan Titan XD. I’m trying to get Nissan to buy it back. Would you be interested in a buyback? I would like to get several unsatisfied people on board.

·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
So far my long block swap has gone well. I’ve put about 2500 miles on this new motor and everything seems to be working properly. I’ve got about 60k miles left on the 100k warranty so I’m just going to continue to drive it like I did before, keep taking it to the Nissan dealer for scheduled service and see how it goes. My dealer did everything right so far.

How many miles you got left on your warranty? What’s the situation that has you wanting them to buy it back?

·
5 Posts
I have about 40k more miles on the warranty but I’ve had a tons of other issues includes blew a valve, transfer case, air conditioner issue, can’t empty diesel tank because of fuel pump...

·
Banned
356 Posts
How do you "blow" a valve? Do you mean you dropped a valve? If so, and it was on a replacement motor, its an easy warranty claim. Dropping a valve is very unusual as you either have to catastrophically destroy the spring and retainer or the valve locks, which is not easy to do. Dropped valves usually happen when you rev a motor past the design limits of the valve train, don't install the valve locks properly, or have a bad spring (pretty rare).

·
5 Posts
I “dropped” a valve in the new motor while pulling an 16 foot enclosed trailer that was empty. I assumed it happen because of poor install. The point is it had to be fixed.

·
Banned
356 Posts
I “dropped” a valve in the new motor while pulling an 16 foot enclosed trailer that was empty. I assumed it happen because of poor install. The point is it had to be fixed.
Had nothing to do with the install of the motor. Had everything to do with who build the motor or who manufactured the springs, locks, etc. My point was it is a very rare occurance in a stock application. While it looks like you had bad luck, I wouldnt pin this one on Nissan (and I hate Nissan). Nissan doesnt build, rebuild, or otherwise do anything beyond replacing the longblock on these, which includes the valvesprings. You were extremely unlucky (assuming you werent revving the motor to the moon, which I will assume you werent). So what was with the T-case and the "not being able to empty the diesel tank because of the fuel pump"? Did the lift pump go out?

41 - 50 of 50 Posts