Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody got a check engine light, code P2560. This is low antifreeze. So I got it about two weeks ago while travelling on vacation. Turned out at the time I was a 1/2 gallon low. Added Cummin's red antifreeze and made my appointment for which was today. Visually checked today before dropping the truck off and was just above the low line today. Mechanic said the computer showed just over 600 miles since light turned off (when filled) but code did not clear. So now Tech line and Cummins are trying to figure out where my antifreeze is going, since it passed a pressure test and I have not had any puddles.
Not familiar with this but was told it could be an EGR valve leaking inside the engine. To me this does not sound good. Adding dye to my system tomorrow to see if it shows anything. Will advise of any findings.

·
1,300 Posts
Most likely a pin hole in the EGR cooler it happens more often than people think... gets evaporated and sucked into the intake. Total pain in the a*s

·
1,300 Posts
Keep an eye on it, something like this can turn nasty real quick. Defiantly check your levels daily and keep an eye on the oil fill cap see if there is anything starting to accumulate... hope something starts to show its self so you can get it fixed and get back to normal.

·
393 Posts
Has anybody got a check engine light, code P2560. This is low antifreeze. So I got it about two weeks ago while travelling on vacation. Turned out at the time I was a 1/2 gallon low. Added Cummin's red antifreeze and made my appointment for which was today. Visually checked today before dropping the truck off and was just above the low line today. Mechanic said the computer showed just over 600 miles since light turned off (when filled) but code did not clear. So now Tech line and Cummins are trying to figure out where my antifreeze is going, since it passed a pressure test and I have not had any puddles.
Not familiar with this but was told it could be an EGR valve leaking inside the engine. To me this does not sound good. Adding dye to my system tomorrow to see if it shows anything. Will advise of any findings.
I was just checking my fluids today and mine was just above the fill line. Ive only had it for about a month now, do you have a picture of how low your fluid was?

-Jay

·
262 Posts
Wanted to bring this up earlier, but got distracted. My manual specifies Genuine NISSAN Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant (blue) or equivalent. Is red an equivalent? Any recommendations or actions taken by the dealer after adding the red?

·
393 Posts
Wanted to bring this up earlier, but got distracted. My manual specifies Genuine NISSAN Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant (blue) or equivalent. Is red an equivalent? Any recommendations or actions taken by the dealer after adding the red?
My truck actually came off the lot with red, i have the 5.0 cummins.

·
262 Posts
Hmmm.... Red? Blue? Compatibility? Would be helpful if the resident experts could chime in here....!

·
1,300 Posts
Well there both an ELC. You can mix the two but it just looks Grose. I always try to keep the colours the same when I'm working with coolant on equipment. It's a complete PITA I stock 4 different colours on my service truck, Red, Purple, Green, and Yellow. They just always gotta change stuff can't keep anything simple these days.

·
909 Posts
Nissan use to use green long life antifreeze that had a change interval at 100,000kms. Nissan blue has a change interval at 168,000kms. They are compatible.
I have not seen red antifreeze from Nissan.

·
1,300 Posts
Early trucks might be filled with red I'll look at mine today I bought Jan 14. Cummins fills all engines with red. Might have been something along the lines that Cummins wanted red in the engine until they can prove that Nissans blue is compatible... like I said they do goofy sh*t for no reason sometime.

·
262 Posts
Maybe build date has something to do with it. Mine is 4/16.

·
141 Posts
Mine is red built 4/16

·
84 Posts
Mine is also red with a 4/16 build date.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts