Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m just wondering if there’s anyone that has a 2016 titan xd diesel with over 100k miles that has not had any problems..? (Major problems, like transmission)

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got a 16 with about 64,000 I know it's a bit off of what ur asking about. But I've had no issues.
yeah I got 76k but just bought it, it rides very smooth and like it, but been reading quite a bit of problems with the 16 diesel, I was curious about a trade in value and most people were pretty low because most said there been issues with them. Do you have 4x4 ? What trim ? Also how often do u do oil changes?

·
2016 Nissan Titan XD SL
32 Posts
yeah I got 76k but just bought it, it rides very smooth and like it, but been reading quite a bit of problems with the 16 diesel, I was curious about a trade in value and most people were pretty low because most said there been issues with them. Do you have 4x4 ? What trim ? Also how often do u do oil changes?
Yeah I've got the SL 4x4. I change the oil every 10,000 miles and after replacing the fuel filter I'm gonna start around 7,500 cuz they were dirty when I changed them after 10,000 and I got way better milage. Plus I just got mine back in September. It had just over 50,000.

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I've got the SL 4x4. I change the oil every 10,000 miles and after replacing the fuel filter I'm gonna start around 7,500 cuz they were dirty when I changed them after 10,000 and I got way better milage. Plus I just got mine back in September. It had just over 50,000.
I agree, manufacturers say every 10k but I actually called Cummins and the tech told me every 7500. I think 75 makes perfect sense.

·
2016 XD 4x4 Tuned with straight pipe.
949 Posts
How many miles you got? It's tough because truck prices are so damn high right now. I've done oil and filters every 10k.

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree, manufacturers say every 10k but I actually called Cummins and the tech told me every 7500. I think 75 makes perfect sense.
…nissan of course says every 5 but for obvious reasons..
How many miles you got? It's tough because truck prices are so damn high right now. I've done oil and filters every 10k.
I bought it at 71k have 76 now so I’ve been told every 7500 is the sweet spot, but man it’s crazy, they want to double used truck prices but when u go to sell it back they undercut you by 10-15k….just ain’t right!

·
2016 Nissan Titan XD SL
32 Posts
Yeah I agree used vehicles in general r outrageously over priced. I was lucky I got mine b4 the over pricing started. I think the BB on my truck was around $45,000 but got it for $38,000 from the website of the dealer.

·
133 Posts
Some info on my truck:
2016 XD Platinum Reserve, 2WD diesel. 124,000 miles
Deleted/tuned. I rerouted my crankcase ventialtion hose.

I use synthetic 5w40 for engine oil, and I'll switch between Shell Rotella, Mobil, or Valvoline. It just depends what my local Tractor Supply has in stock. For an oil filter, I use a 5.9/6.7 cummins filter. It's cheaper than the 5.0 filter and it's longer.

Coolant is Rotella ELC NF. Gear oil is Lucas Synthetic. Transmission and power steering fluid is Valvoline Max life.

Here's my maintenance schedule:
Engine oil, tire roation/rebalance, and draining water seperator wvery 5,000 miles. Replace fuel filters, drain/fill transmission, and change brake fluid every 20,000. That may be excessive for brakes, but it's very humid where I live. Cabin and engine air filter every 30,000. Coolant, differential oil, and power steering fluid every 50,000.

I've owned this truck since April of 2020 at 72,000 miles. I quickly deleted it and replace all the fluids, and have gone with the above listed schedule. Only problems I've had were just sesnor-based shit. I had the common P00B7 coolant code, and just dropped my coolant sesnor to get rid of that. Problem solved, without buying a new tank. I have a boost pressure sensor A code, and I haven't adressed that yet, but it's not affecting performance or anything, so I'll do it eventually.

It's mostly daily driving for longer trips, and my go to for highway trips. My wife and I have 2 cars, so I use the Ford Focus for the really short trips that aren't good for modern diesels and our turbos. Ocassional towing of less than 10,000lbs. I expect to work it more when I move back to Texas in a few years, and will be building some shit for the family. I average 30,000 miles per year on this truck and my previous trucks.

Other than some pesky sensors, this truck has been incredible to me. I wish they had more aftermarket support, and a simpler turbo system, such as a single VGT, but my turbos have been fine.

·
65 Posts
I'm a hair over 90k on my 17 PR. Deleted and run 120hp tune all the time unless towing travel trailer. S&B air intake ( possibly a waste on money, but it sounds cool!). I run Amsoil with the 5.9 Cummins filter. I started changing fuel filters at 7500 miles instead of the 10k. And I run Diesel Kleen to help lubricate the CP4.

The CFT EGR kit with hot pipe is being delivered early next week. Along with EGR, I'm installing CFT turbo intake pipe and rerouting CCV ventilation hose. Also plan on adding the Amsoil bypass filter soon.
I've had 2 issues. My lift pump started leaking at 55k miles (just out of emissions warranty) and I had the transfer case replaced at 80k miles under factory warranty. That being said, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. There's not a truck out there that tows this well while being this comfortable and quiet. I don't care what half ton truck tow ratings say, the XD will tow circles around them.
With the way truck prices are going, if I have a major issue, It will still be way cheaper to repair than buying a new comparable truck.

·
392 Posts
I'm a hair over 90k on my 17 PR. Deleted and run 120hp tune all the time unless towing travel trailer. S&B air intake ( possibly a waste on money, but it sounds cool!). I run Amsoil with the 5.9 Cummins filter. I started changing fuel filters at 7500 miles instead of the 10k. And I run Diesel Kleen to help lubricate the CP4.

The CFT EGR kit with hot pipe is being delivered early next week. Along with EGR, I'm installing CFT turbo intake pipe and rerouting CCV ventilation hose. Also plan on adding the Amsoil bypass filter soon.
I've had 2 issues. My lift pump started leaking at 55k miles (just out of emissions warranty) and I had the transfer case replaced at 80k miles under factory warranty. That being said, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. There's not a truck out there that tows this well while being this comfortable and quiet. I don't care what half ton truck tow ratings say, the XD will tow circles around them.
With the way truck prices are going, if I have a major issue, It will still be way cheaper to repair than buying a new comparable truck.
Finally I found someone like me! Dude I fucking love mine! I personally think this truck out tows and 3/4 gasser and any half ton. I’ve put $1k on the table in front of a guy told him I’ll put tow that ecoboost without even going half throttle, he wouldn’t do it lmao

·
2016 Nissan Titan XD SL
32 Posts
Oh I agree, the Cummins titan will out do any half ton trk. Everywhere I go my trk turns heads. I'll get the Big 3 drivers come up and ask, does that really have a Cummins in it. I say oh yeah it does, and only true Nissan owners know about it.

·
9 Posts
2016 145k def system replaced completely 12k on that price tag, new turbo and actuator other then that the maintenance schedule according to the book is closely followed with shell and amsoil products...so far I like the truck much better then my last truck much more comfortable and seats are really comfortable....
on another subject any one tired the hotshot stiction lubricant in oil change process was considering it but would it help anything

·
420 Posts
I have almost 187k on mine. At 145k-ish the fuel pump went ($1700+ $200 tow to dealer) and then 3 days later the DEF sensor failed and Nissan couldn’t get it out. Wanted $5600 to replace exhaust. F-that. Weight loss surgery. No issues since then. Change oil every 15k miles. Yes. Never chunky or out of the ordinary.

I had lots of issues throughout the first 100k miles with electronics. Once the warranty ended I stopped replacing things like door locks. Every door actuator has been replaced twice under warranty. Now I use my key to unlock the door every day for 4-5 years. Had like 4 AC blower motors replaced under warranty. After warranty I bought a no-name from an auto parts store and it’s worked perfectly since 2017. Many other minor issues.

Engine and transmission have been solid though.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts