Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
14 Posts
I’m just wondering if there’s anyone that has a 2016 titan xd diesel with over 100k miles that has not had any problems..? (Major problems, like transmission)
Granted mine was a 17' but I put 179,000 miles on it. You might think that's great, but I also spent $9k in repairs and that's after my 100,000 mile warranty. 8th cylinder injector wire harness had to be replaced twice, the last time it went out I was up in the mountains with no cell service and had to drive to where I could get service. The faulty harness left my injector wide open flooding and ruining my DEF system, the turbo also went out which was the last straw, because apparently all turbos (not just the 2016) up until the 2019 edition were faulty, but Nissan only recalled the 16's. EGR valve had to be replaced. The actuator's controlling the heat and air conditioning door in the vent system went out. The paper thin worthless plastic sheet shroud holding the position controls of the driver seat broke off, ruining the seat because it some how was integral for holding the seat's upholstery and cushion foam in place. After the the $5k turbo bill I had enough and traded it in for a Ford F150 ecoboost which ended up putting me $5k up side down. Going from the Titan XD to the Ford was like night and day. Imediately I noticed the plastic trim in the cab of the Ford was probably 3 times thicker than the Titan. I will never buy another Nissan again both Cummins and Nissan should have came together and fixed the issues, like the 8th cylinder harness which I will guarantee you will fail, and all the Turbos from 16-18's, and the heating and air conditioning actuators. These are things Nissan should stand behind and if you own your's long enough these things will fail. Cummins disappoints the just as bad as Nissan. I was Cummins through and through, owned a 92' Gen 2 12 Valve 3/4 ton, which was better in it's worse day than the Nissan was in it's best. But they found a patsy in Nissan to unload these 5.0 liter engines off on and wash their hands of them. If I was you I'd trade yours in as soon as possible even if you'll be slightly upside down, because what's coming for you is no Bed of Roses.

·
3 Posts
mine is a 2017 , 128,000 miles on it, no issues what so ever ... did a delete / tune at 90,000. Change the oil every 10k, fuel filters / air filters around every 15k.. ran threw a couple sets of tires, have not even changed the brakes pads yet (I do a lot of highway driving ) I do run desiel Kleen every 2-3 fill ups , the truck does NOT burn excessive oil between oil changes and does not smoke excessively when stomping on the gas. All in all, great truck , although I would like a smother ride... will after market shocks help with that ?

·
5 Posts
I finally figured out that people only post here when they have a problem with their Titian diesel trucks. You have to take it with a grain of salt is there a lot of good trucks out there. But you’re not gonna hear from the people who are having problems.

·
383 Posts
Granted mine was a 17' but I put 179,000 miles on it. You might think that's great, but I also spent $9k in repairs and that's after my 100,000 mile warranty. 8th cylinder injector wire harness had to be replaced twice, the last time it went out I was up in the mountains with no cell service and had to drive to where I could get service. The faulty harness left my injector wide open flooding and ruining my DEF system, the turbo also went out which was the last straw, because apparently all turbos (not just the 2016) up until the 2019 edition were faulty, but Nissan only recalled the 16's. EGR valve had to be replaced. The actuator's controlling the heat and air conditioning door in the vent system went out. The paper thin worthless plastic sheet shroud holding the position controls of the driver seat broke off, ruining the seat because it some how was integral for holding the seat's upholstery and cushion foam in place. After the the $5k turbo bill I had enough and traded it in for a Ford F150 ecoboost which ended up putting me $5k up side down. Going from the Titan XD to the Ford was like night and day. Imediately I noticed the plastic trim in the cab of the Ford was probably 3 times thicker than the Titan. I will never buy another Nissan again both Cummins and Nissan should have came together and fixed the issues, like the 8th cylinder harness which I will guarantee you will fail, and all the Turbos from 16-18's, and the heating and air conditioning actuators. These are things Nissan should stand behind and if you own your's long enough these things will fail. Cummins disappoints the just as bad as Nissan. I was Cummins through and through, owned a 92' Gen 2 12 Valve 3/4 ton, which was better in it's worse day than the Nissan was in it's best. But they found a patsy in Nissan to unload these 5.0 liter engines off on and wash their hands of them. If I was you I'd trade yours in as soon as possible even if you'll be slightly upside down, because what's coming for you is no Bed of Roses.
Dude I’m sorry for your issues but don’t go around here guaranteeing shit. You know how many people have not had a single issue with theirs? More than the ones that have. I travel all over the us camping and always talk to xd Cummings owners. Not one has had anything bad to say. Mine has been flawless. If you don’t work this truck it will shit on you. Guaranteed you didn’t tow regularly and you probably drive like a female. These trucks are designed to work.

·
383 Posts
mine is a 2017 , 128,000 miles on it, no issues what so ever ... did a delete / tune at 90,000. Change the oil every 10k, fuel filters / air filters around every 15k.. ran threw a couple sets of tires, have not even changed the brakes pads yet (I do a lot of highway driving ) I do run desiel Kleen every 2-3 fill ups , the truck does NOT burn excessive oil between oil changes and does not smoke excessively when stomping on the gas. All in all, great truck , although I would like a smother ride... will after market shocks help with that ?
Haha smoother ride? The truck rides like a caddy. You want a smooth ride get a Prius lol

·
2017 Titan XD
145 Posts
2017 Nissan Titan XD S, 76000 miles. No issues entire time of ownership. Non-deleted.
2017 Nissan Titan XD PR, 65000 miles. No issues since I purchased at 55k. Deleted.

These are good trucks, don't let people steer you otherwise.

·
792 Posts
2016 Pro4X purchased new. Now 86000, warranty repairs, egr cooler and coolant sensor and faulty transfer case. Just finished a trip from Ca to Co and back most comfortable truck for hours behind the wheel. Not deleted, not tuned good mileage even cruising for hours on highway at 75 and 85 MPH.

·
2019 Nissan Titan XD Pro 4X
1 Posts
Oh I agree, the Cummins titan will out do any half ton trk. Everywhere I go my trk turns heads. I'll get the Big 3 drivers come up and ask, does that really have a Cummins in it. I say oh yeah it does, and only true Nissan owners know about it.
Truck owner don't realize what these are!

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
837 Posts
Nissan screwed themselves (and us) by not marketing this truck better!
Not only that, they got cold feet. The XD rides, steers and handles like a one ton from the turn of the century. It should have been marketed as a modest duty 1-ton that didn't directly compete against them for power, but rather, for usefulness and efficiency at the same job. If you want to tow your 20k gooseneck at 80mph, maybe buy the ford, you want to tow it at 55 and use half the fuel, get the nissan. With drw, a larger fuel tank and a weight rating of the equivalent truck from 2000-2007, it would have been a hot shots dream. The isv seems to really shine when pulling real weight, not at speed, but efficently.

·
Super Moderator
1,396 Posts
......The isv seems to really shine when pulling real weight, not at speed, but efficently.
You hit it right on the head! I think that if you work your truck intelligently, not as a date night truck, the Titan is at its best. I dont baby mine, but i dont abuse it either. I'm happy with my truck, but disappointed in Nissan.

Reactions: cajun

·
792 Posts
Not tuned? Aren’t you running emmissions on tune?
Yes I was running GDP emissions tunes. I tried the stand alone 60hp and I tried the shift on the fly. Out of these the 60hp stand alone worked the best but still had some issues. Then last year CA made proof of the new ECM flash a requirement for registration. I found the latest Nissan software combined with the iDrive to be really good and consistent so I have left it that way.
Wife and I have decided we want a class B RV so after Titan swaps out a defective tank it goes up for sale. Props to Titan Fuel Tanks, they sand behind their products.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts