Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello so i put the roughy country 3 in lift on 2018 Nissan titan xd with 5.0 diesel on my truck and it rides horribly spacers on top of the struts !!! My god its a roller coaster ride it is so bouncy its not even funny almost dangerous!! And bottoms out all the time it seems Is there anything out there that sells struts that are 3 inchs bigger with no spacer ? I cant find them anywhere i have look im out of ideas ! Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you in advance!!

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You installed something wrong then bud, the 3” rides like stock, maybe just a tad and I mean a TAD stiffer
Ok thanks buddy i had a guy do it for me amd he put new struts on and everything was installed right i think he pit the wrong struts on doesnt make sense to me it so bouncy !! Bad im used to it being stiff and its not in any way so im thinking there the wrong struts he said there xd struts but thzt cant be

·
506 Posts
Ok thanks buddy i had a guy do it for me amd he put new struts on and everything was installed right i think he pit the wrong struts on doesnt make sense to me it so bouncy !! Bad im used to it being stiff and its not in any way so im thinking there the wrong struts he said there xd struts but thzt cant be
I can 100% tell you he did something wrong, it shouldn’t ride hardly any different than stock. Did he put the adjustable bilstein shocks in the front?

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can 100% tell you he did something wrong, it shouldn’t ride hardly any different than stock. Did he put the adjustable bilstein shocks in the front?
He replaced my stock struts one was cracked and out the spacers on them and it so bad back seems fine but front is really bad i mean i can bounce the front end get off of it and its still bouncy i have westin front brush guard on it so i can stand on the front end

·
34 Posts
Ok, so I have a 3” CalMini lift on my XD, and even though it’s gas, I’m running diesel springs (and OEM diesel 4600 struts), which gives me +4” in the front. Even with the +800# stiffer GVW of the springs, the ride difference is negligible. In fact I can run speed bumps now at highway speeds with very little impact on the trucks attitude.

I’ll assume that your front spacers aren’t actually 3” tall. They SHOULD be about 1-1/16” tall, to net 3” of lift.

Do you have the part number of the struts that were installed? Are they the OE black Hitachi’s, or Pro4X 4600s, or an aftermarket option?

Did you get new UCAs with your kit? Anything over the basic 2” lift/level kit really should have new Upper Control Arms that correct the new geometry. Take a look, are yours still stamped steel, or tubular, or cast? Pics?! Might as well share pics of the spacers installed as well.

Also, do you have the alignment report from when it was completed after the kit install? If geometry is off, I’d think it’d be difficult to align.

If you’re going to run 5100s, installing them on the lowest (no lift) setting will not really compromise the ride. If you’re looking to run it at the middle setting (0.5-0.75” of lift, then ride will be somewhat compromised. If you’re going to run it on the highest setting, expect it to ride like a truck with cranked up torsion bars. Very stiff any bouncy.

If you want to pick up the +3” Rough Country pre-loaded springs+struts, Z1Offroad had them in stock two weeks ago. They also had 4600s and 6100s.

Z1 also sells a new tie-rod linkage bar, that is claimed to help with bump-steer, tire wear, and alignments, but I don’t have any personal testimony on it.

Also, while we’re on it, what are your tire pressures at? Might be worth having them rebalanced, on a RoadForce machine, it’s possible some of that is from a defective tire. Worth the effort to look at.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts