Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking at the SV for a work truck. In reviewing it it doesn't have the better radio. Is the stock radio any good?

Also how is the overall accoutrements of the interior?

Does the SV come with the integrated brake controller as standard equipment?

·
658 Posts
I am looking at the SV for a work truck. In reviewing it it doesn't have the better radio. Is the stock radio any good?

Also how is the overall accoutrements of the interior?

Does the SV come with the integrated brake controller as standard equipment?
Good questions. Although the SL trim is what I would like... The capabilities I am needing are reflected better in the SV trims. Any feed back specific to a SV would be great!

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I have a sv premium(canadian combination of the two available u.s. option packs)
Crazy canadian, for now all that is available in Canada is the sv premium. The base isn't available. The sv premium is very well optioned. And yes it comes with break controller. But also: nav, dual climate, heated bucket seats etc......

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
If you go to the Canadian online build on the Nissan site, you have to add the $6750 option pack and it details what it includes.

·
224 Posts
I have an SV. It did come with integrated brake controller. The stock radio is as good as any radio I have owned, it has plenty of thump for me and my taste. The premium cloth seats can be heated as well, and the quality of the seats is just as good as the leather, but with a polyester fabric that I personally think is cooler in summer and warmer in winter. What else would you like to know about the SV's?

MB

·
119 Posts
Did the SV come with the nerf bar steps or were the deleteable? 17" wheels? Did ya get the bed ball with it? Anyone pulled a 5th wheel with one?

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Did the SV come with the nerf bar steps or were the deleteable? 17" wheels? Did ya get the bed ball with it? Anyone pulled a 5th wheel with one?
All depends where your from. In Canada only sv premium available which is a combo of the two U.S option packs
So yes running boards, nav, 20" rims.
Bed ball is only standard on top models. But that's not meant for 5th wheel only gooseneck

·
224 Posts
All depends where your from. In Canada only sv premium available which is a combo of the two U.S option packs
So yes running boards, nav, 20" rims.
Bed ball is only standard on top models. But that's not meant for 5th wheel only gooseneck

Same here. Running boards, 20" rims, gooseneck package and no hitch ball or safety chain rings. Curt sells the quick release hitch accessories cheaper anyway.

MB

·
119 Posts
Yeah, I know about the gooseneck, but hopefully someone like the B&W Companion bedball hitch or the Andersen Ultimate will come up with an XD compatible 5th wheel ball mount. Someone here on the forum has one that he said a machinist made for him....but never heard any more about it....

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Yeah, I know about the gooseneck, but hopefully someone like the B&W Companion bedball hitch or the Andersen Ultimate will come up with an XD compatible 5th wheel ball mount. Someone here on the forum has one that he said a machinist made for him....but never heard any more about it....
If it was a 5th wheel wanting to pull I wouldn't consider the diesel as much. The gas has the payload numbers for a lighter 5th wheel.

·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have an SV. It did come with integrated brake controller. The stock radio is as good as any radio I have owned, it has plenty of thump for me and my taste. The premium cloth seats can be heated as well, and the quality of the seats is just as good as the leather, but with a polyester fabric that I personally think is cooler in summer and warmer in winter. What else would you like to know about the SV's?

MB
I as just wondering about the difference between the SV and the Pro 4X. Im not sure the pro 4x is worth the extra $$$$ because the SV seems to be right for me in capability and comfort.

Overall are you satisified with the truck? I am purchasing one (diesel) once some incentives show up.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I as just wondering about the difference between the SV and the Pro 4X. Im not sure the pro 4x is worth the extra $$$$ because the SV seems to be right for me in capability and comfort.

Overall are you satisified with the truck? I am purchasing one (diesel) once some incentives show up.
Right now in Canada it's only the sv premium available so in comparing to base pro4X they aren't that far off.
The sv premium over the pro4x
Side steps
Spray in bedliner
20" rims
SL trim look

The base pro4x advantage
LED headlights
Rear diff lock 4 Lo
Fosgate stereo
18" in my opinion nice looking rims
More sporty look.

For me side steps a must, spray in liner needed eventually. I don't mind the stereo sound of the standard system. I'm okay with standard lighting. The only advantage of rear locker is in 4 Lo. Very rare for me.

So to add the side steps and liner to an already slightly more expensive pro4x the sv premium fit the bill just fine. Now once the base sv comes available then it will have alot less options.

·
149 Posts

Anderson now has an XD compatible 5th wheel hitch. It's still a ball not a king pin though.

·
224 Posts

Exceptionally satisfied so far. Unfortunately, I haven't driven or seen a Pro4X; all the dealerships had for me to drive around here at the time were Platinum Reserves. I'm not a top-of-the-line kind of shopper, so that trim level was never for me.

Now there are some things that I don't like about it, for sure. Such as:

*I miss the bench seat in the Dodge with the flip up console/armrest. I liked being able to carry 6 people when I needed to. But I certainly think my passengers like the seating arrangement in the XD better.
*I do miss the manual transmission, but if I’m honest with myself, they are going the way of the dodo anyway and Mrs. wouldn’t drive it. I am relieved to get some right seat time on longer trips now. But I still reach for a clutch pedal. Weird.
*The fuel tank capacity was better on the Ram, but it didn’t have any emissions to speak of; you could drop a baseball in the exhaust behind the turbo and I think it would roll all the way out. With all the def crap we have to live with now (which I’m not personally pleased with) I understand the smaller tank and reduced range. And since I’m pushing XX years of age now, my bladder and lower back sort of thank me too.
*The climate controls are hard to see with polarized sunglasses on.
*I hate the way manufacturers package options, so you get some things you don't really want in order to get the stuff you do want. Nissan’s only two option packages on the XD (at my trim level, which is SV, just to get premium cloth seats) were pretty close to what I would have ordered a la carte anyway.
*The fuel remaining indication completely disappeared when the number approached 40 miles remaining when it suddenly went to dashes. Now, that was completely my fault for waiting too long to refuel, and the tank only took 24 gallons to fill, so there were probably still 40 miles or so left in the tank. Nonetheless, seeing dashes kind of freaked me out. Call that one learning curve, but definitely ratcheted up the pucker factor.
* I think the way that Nissan elected to essentially ignore Regen indications is a bad software implementation. There should be some obvious indication that the SCR is going through its motions, even if it's just a dummy light to tell me when it's going on and when it's over. I know they wanted to make it essentially seamless to the consumer, but as the Cummins team told me, diesel pickup owners are the most discriminant type of owners and do more research than any other group. It is hard wired into us to want to know everything.
*While on software implementation, would it have killed you, Nissan, to use numbers on the aux gage display rather than H/L for the bar graphs?

But those things really have nothing to do with drivability and performance. Just my observations and opinions, and you know what opinions are worth. Love the truck and plan to keep it as long as the last one.

MB

·
348 Posts
B&W and Blue Ox make an adapter for fifth wheel to ball hitch ups. I think it requires the plate to be removed from trailer.
The Pro4Xs only come with the Fosgate system with the Utility Package, (US) this also adds LED bed lighting, tailgate illumination, power sliding rear window, 120v a/c power outlet in bed, Utilitrack system and front and rear sonar, for $1,100 this is the most economical package offered. The Pro4Xs here in the states have the spray in bed liner as base.
When I started looking, I too was looking at the SV, by the time I added $3.700 worth of packages to the SV to add at least some comfort, it made more sense for me to bump up to a Pro4X with only the Utility package for a little more. The power sliding rear window has turned out to be wonderful, and the Fosgate system is AWESOME! I'm not into the heated seats and steering wheel (live in central FL) and I ruin leather.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts