Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
Was visiting a dealer and asked one of the service people about low inventories of XDs. He said they are likely to be discontinued...???? What?

I thought to myself: Even if XDs get discontinued, the engine and the transmission are on the regular Titan and parts should be available.

...still waiting for new XDs to show up at my local dealers.

·
364 Posts
I am not encouraged, given the discontinuation of the NV series vans.

Reactions: Lukman

·
422 Posts
I am not encouraged, given the discontinuation of the NV series vans.
Yes, it seems with the exit of the NV vans that they might pull the plug on the XD too. The XD frames and other parts like brakes were based on the NV2500/3500. They've never published separate XD sales from regular Titan, but it doesn't seem to have improved. Why bother with it and have to keep the supply chain running on chassis parts etc. They can't be making any money on it with such low numbers.

The good news for the gas engine owners is the use of the 5.6 in the regular Titan (and Armada) Those 5.6 parts should be more available.

·
24 Posts
I am four years into my XD Cummins. I am full time RVer and do deliveries of 5th wheels per word of mouth. I have said this before but when Nissan discontinued the Cummins they lost my respect for them forever. They can leave the truck business forever as I am concerned. Really what is the difference their dealers don't know what their doing most of the time anyway.

·
2016 XD 4x4 Tuned with straight pipe.
866 Posts
The discontinuing of the NV and the Cummins seemed like a mistake in my eyes. However I think everyone is switching to "green" and "electric" alternatives, so I wouldn't be surprised if the XD is discontinued altogether.

·
77 Posts
The discontinuing of the NV and the Cummins seemed like a mistake in my eyes. However I think everyone is switching to "green" and "electric" alternatives, so I wouldn't be surprised if the XD is discontinued altogether.
I am four years into my XD Cummins. I am full time RVer and do deliveries of 5th wheels per word of mouth. I have said this before but when Nissan discontinued the Cummins they lost my respect for them forever. They can leave the truck business forever as I am concerned. Really what is the difference their dealers don't know what their doing most of the time anyway.
Its not Nissan fault, it was Cummins who discontinued the engine. Cummins is the one who decided to stop building the ISV 5.0, thats why Nissan not longer offers it. What Nissan needs to do is use one of their in house UD diesels.

·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do think they have a value proposition with the XD (even with gas) for people who tow campers occasionally and want their families to be extra safe, for those who value various tech/safety features and all under $60k.

If they continue making the regular Titan and the NVs, then producing XDs would have a small marginal cost but if they discontinue the NV... then it might be not worth keeping the XD. Too bad. It is the only 2021 truck i would buy - great balance between price, capability and features.

·
517 Posts
It sucks if they discontinue the XD gasser. Its one of the best trucks on the market and is a tremendous value. The regular Titan's just aren't heavy enough for people who like to tow anything over 6000 lbs (yes I know it will tow it, but the towing difference between the XD and non-XD versions of the truck is vastly different. I'm not really sure where I would go without the XD. Tundra's are too light duty. I'd likely have to go with a Ram 2500 with the 6.2 Hemi (no more diesels for me). I'd consider a Chevy 2500 gasser if its not priced stupid..... Thankfully I should be able to keep my current XD for another +4-5 years.

·
28 Posts
Hi all,
Was visiting a dealer and asked one of the service people about low inventories of XDs. He said they are likely to be discontinued...???? What?

I thought to myself: Even if XDs get discontinued, the engine and the transmission are on the regular Titan and parts should be available.

...still waiting for new XDs to show up at my local dealers.
Everything is going down the crapper. Trucks ‘ford GM n Ram’ are priced beyond reach anymore XD Titan is lots of truck for money but now the gronola eating CEOs and Democrats are trying to ram battery trucks up our back side too. This website is already starting to fade cause the 5.0 diesel is done.

·
457 Posts
Everything is going down the crapper. Trucks ‘ford GM n Ram’ are priced beyond reach anymore XD Titan is lots of truck for money but now the gronola eating CEOs and Democrats are trying to ram battery trucks up our back side too. This website is already starting to fade cause the 5.0 diesel is done.
It has nothing to do with granola or politics. It's money. Numbers on a spreadsheet are telling the auto industry that future profits are higher in electric vehicles. Simple math, no vast conspiracies involved despite what pundits feed the gullible types.

·
422 Posts
It has nothing to do with granola or politics. It's money.
Absolutely...it is business. Ford's electric F150 is getting good early press...from some surprising sources too. The MACH-E will likely sell well as well. For lighter duty vehicles, SUV's and passenger cars, the change to electric vehicles--and the choices--are coming on pretty quickly. Ford is pretty savvy really. With the Godzilla 7.3 gas engine out there, they will pick up many people who don't want the hassle of modern diesel emissions, but still need a massive powerplant with great torque and, likely, reliability. They will make a lot of money on those and get their payback before they, and others--ultimately-- find a way to retire the gas engine for lighter heavy duties and end up electric.

Bill Ford grew up smelling gas all his life. He's no dummy though--regardless of what you think about their vehicles. The move to find alternatives to oil is not based on politics--it is just business strategy, plain and simple.

·
2016 XD 4x4 Tuned with straight pipe.
866 Posts
Arguably, it is politics because of the "Green New Deal." I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just saying politics are pushing where the money goes

·
293 Posts
Arguably, it is politics because of the "Green New Deal." I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just saying politics are pushing where the money goes
Hey, I'm all for throwing stones from my glass porch, but the simple fact of the matter, in Nissan's case, they couldn't/didn't WANT to market their way out of asoggy brown paper bag. In Texas, I probably saw 10 commercials for the XD over 3 years... but whenever I showed up at a hitch place or RV place or anything vaguely to do with trucks, I'd have folks come up to me and say (a) I dodn't know Nissan did a "full sized truck" (whatever that means), closely followed by "a DIESEL? A Cummins?! No-way!". Yeup. Marketing. Someone at Nissan shoulda figured out what it means... now the NVs are discontinued, no Titans in Canada, and undoubtedly the XD's will disappear here shortly... probably without so much as a ripple or announcement. Sux

·
517 Posts
How to get rich in politics 101. 1) Invest money into industries and companies within a very specific market space. 2) Create a perceived environmental crisis 3) Create government policy that directly benefits those companies and industries. 4) Write books so companies benefiting from the said policies can buy up 10,000's of copies of the books and thus funnel money back to the politicians. So ya, I'd say there is a fair amount of politics in it. Yes there is legitimate supply and demand at work, but make no mistake there is plenty of politics driving the change.

·
364 Posts
Undoubtedly, Nissan failed the XD, the XD did not fail Nissan. I've never seen 1 commercial for the XD, and just like Russr said, I have people to this day come up to me and say they didn't know Nissan made a diesel. And my new response is, "well, they don't."
I have a gasser but I get comments/questions very frequently from people who didn't know Nissan made such a big truck, etc, etc. People who have seen regular Titans think my truck has a lift when it's stock height.

·
358 Posts
Undoubtedly, Nissan failed the XD, the XD did not fail Nissan. I've never seen 1 commercial for the XD, and just like Russr said, I have people to this day come up to me and say they didn't know Nissan made a diesel. And my new response is, "well, they don't."
I just had this experience getting tires put on at a pretty high-volume shop in a city of about 200,000 people. If those guys haven't seen a diesel XD in five years, you know Nissan's done something wrong, which is an absolute shame. Within four years of buying mine, my boss got a gasser, and my coworker fled his tradition preference for GM products due to reliability problems and now his whole family drives Nissans - a Titan, an Armada, a Kicks, and a Rogue. We owners have wound up being Nissan's best salesmen, even when they go "Lol, trucks.. hurrr".

·
28 Posts
How to get rich in politics 101. 1) Invest money into industries and companies within a very specific market space. 2) Create a perceived environmental crisis 3) Create government policy that directly benefits those companies and industries. 4) Write books so companies benefiting from the said policies can buy up 10,000's of copies of the books and thus funnel money back to the politicians. So ya, I'd say there is a fair amount of politics in it. Yes there is legitimate supply and demand at work, but make no mistake there is plenty of politics driving the change.
You hit it on the head these corporate CEO s love profits but enjoy marching to all the progressive SOB talking heads. Global Warming is killing us. Covid-19 is killing us, Social injustice is killing us. let’s wreck the US economy and ride bikes everywhere!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts