Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
51 Posts
I have an '01 still going strong. Test drove a '16 recently but gas mileage on those aren't showing very good. What specifically are you looking for?

·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking to buy an older 08 CM limited to beat on for a while...wait and see what happens with the Titan XD. Resale values are the strongest of any truck, like ever. So it's enticing.

But.....

Apparently the 07+ tundra's have a major super dooper flaw. And every used Tundra I've looked at has it. Some sellers had no clue and were heart broken to find out.

Check it out:

www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=89083

·
51 Posts
Looking to buy an older 08 CM limited to beat on for a while...wait and see what happens with the Titan XD. Resale values are the strongest of any truck, like ever. So it's enticing.

But.....

Apparently the 07+ tundra's have a major super dooper flaw. And every used Tundra I've looked at has it. Some sellers had no clue and were heart broken to find out.

Check it out:

www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=89083
The very first Tundras were interestingly the best ones that they made, from 00-06. They were "truck of the year" in their earlier years but then they changed the design. I find it to be true that almost everything manufactured from approximately 07 on, whether it's appliances, electronics, tools or trucks, has become so cheaply made. Metal parts were replaced with plastic, etc. on almost everything made anymore. I was really hoping that this Titan XD diesel would be made with the same quality that the Tundras were when they very first came out. When I went to the dealership over Thanksgiving in my old Tundra, two people that worked there offered to buy it from me on the spot!

·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You have an 07+ Tundra?

...how's it been?

I drove an 08 crewmax limited yesterday. It had over 125,000 miles and I was positively shocked. There is no way that a domestic 3 truck would drive that solid with the same mileage. It was a tank! Basically only tires and fluids were done to it. No brakes or suspension. I was impressed and felt confident that it easily had another reliable 100k miles left in it.

·
772 Posts
so you wanna beat on it for a little till the XD rolls out. why you worried about rust? something i haven't seen at all. and i'm on the toyota forum too.

my dads tundra had a leveling kit installed from the dealership and even with that it still rides like new. came stock with Bilstein HD's on all four corners.

also no rust. but we live in arizona. Honestly you can't go wrong with them. Granted every truck has issues at some point, but overall the tundras are great, and are WAYYYYY overbuilt for being a half ton. The interiors are dated for sure before the gen 2.5's (current tundras) came out. the 1794's interior paired with the TRD pro exterior along with the upgraded Bilstein suspension would be a perfect half ton. Also a 7speed lol.

·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Soooo....I ended up buying the 08 Limited with 125k miles. There is so much going on in the truck world right now, I think it's just best to wait for a year, and the resale value on the Tundra is the strongest in the truck market. With this new Titan coming out, the pissing war is on between the manufacturers. Now ford is testing an f150 diesel, Ram is gearing up for a full cycle refresh, and GM...?...continuing to rest on their laurels, Toyota too...which may come back to haunt them I'm sure.

The Tundra is a fantastic truck! Even at 125k miles, there are minimal signs of wear. Mostly cosmetic, but even then...a domestic truck would not be this tight and problem free at this mileage. Been there done that! And I look after my vehicles extremely well.

-still has all original suspension, brakes, engine components, everything mechanical. Nothing needs to be changed right now, not that I can see after a detailed inspection
-only fluids, filters, light bulbs and tires have been serviced on this truck
-there is zero play in the front end, no wear patterns on the tires...no leaks...nothin'!
-the leather seats are truly lexus quality. After a thorough cleaning with some products, they look new. Not even any wear on the drivers seat - amazing!
-no interior squeaks or rattles
-little things like the sliding console lid, mega-cab style back seat, power tilt steering wheel, roll down rear window, power adjustable knee support on the front seats, the fully detailed maintenance tracking in the nav system...all very impressive. The 12 speaker JBL is sweet as well.

All in all, I'm happy. I got a great truck for chum change, paid no tax. It owes me nothing. I hope that the new Titan will be built as well as the Toyota - I'm confident it will be.

This isn't "so long"...I'm going to be following the new Titan as frequently as I always have. You never know...I may trade up at any time!

·
49 Posts
I own a 2007 with 127000 + miles.. never seen the dealer.All iv done is brakes and tires..Best truck Iv ever owned.

·
772 Posts
Soooo....I ended up buying the 08 Limited with 125k miles. There is so much going on in the truck world right now, I think it's just best to wait for a year, and the resale value on the Tundra is the strongest in the truck market. With this new Titan coming out, the pissing war is on between the manufacturers. Now ford is testing an f150 diesel, Ram is gearing up for a full cycle refresh, and GM...?...continuing to rest on their laurels, Toyota too...which may come back to haunt them I'm sure.

The Tundra is a fantastic truck! Even at 125k miles, there are minimal signs of wear. Mostly cosmetic, but even then...a domestic truck would not be this tight and problem free at this mileage. Been there done that! And I look after my vehicles extremely well.

-still has all original suspension, brakes, engine components, everything mechanical. Nothing needs to be changed right now, not that I can see after a detailed inspection
-only fluids, filters, light bulbs and tires have been serviced on this truck
-there is zero play in the front end, no wear patterns on the tires...no leaks...nothin'!
-the leather seats are truly lexus quality. After a thorough cleaning with some products, they look new. Not even any wear on the drivers seat - amazing!
-no interior squeaks or rattles
-little things like the sliding console lid, mega-cab style back seat, power tilt steering wheel, roll down rear window, power adjustable knee support on the front seats, the fully detailed maintenance tracking in the nav system...all very impressive. The 12 speaker JBL is sweet as well.

All in all, I'm happy. I got a great truck for chum change, paid no tax. It owes me nothing. I hope that the new Titan will be built as well as the Toyota - I'm confident it will be.

This isn't "so long"...I'm going to be following the new Titan as frequently as I always have. You never know...I may trade up at any time!

told you man, those gen 2 tundras are SOLID.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts