Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't get me wrong I love this truck over my 2015 Ram 3500 that spent 60 days in the shop in 9 1/2 months.

My selling dealer has been great at fixing all the issues with my truck and their service dept is second to none compared to going to Ram.

My truck has had the following things fixed or replaced since someone forgot to do the PDI on this truck or the quality control guy or gal was on break when my truck came off the line.

1) Front Windshield replaced (hand prints laminated between both glass surfaces that you cannot get out).

2) Dent in hood going out not in.

3) Still waiting for the 5th headliner to show up in 6 weeks undamaged or wrong trim level (dirty hand prints by driver side hand rail).

4) Front bumper way out of alignment hanging down.

5) Replaced Passenger seat covering due to a crease in the side leg support.

6) Replaced silver rail on driver side center console due to scratches on it.

7) Replaced tail gate latch, gasket all screwed up.

8) Scratches in both passenger door sills (repainted them and added 3m over area).

9) Turn signal switch would not turn off turning left.

10) CEL for 3rd injector voltage error and ABS Module something, preformed update and all is fine.

11) Replaced damaged tow hook and hardware due to bumper misalignment.

·
88 Posts
I hate the paint. The orange peel is the worst I've seen on a factory paint job, and I've been a professional detailer, so I've seen plenty of paint. It's especially bad above the taillights. I'm going in to the dealer tomorrow to see about the engine power warning lights that have popped up and might see what they say about the paint. The problem is it's not the dealer I bought it from, and I will most likely never be anywhere near that dealer again. I don't know how willing they would be to help me out. I'm actually strongly considering having a new clear coat sprayed so that I can wet sand it down.

·
38 Posts
I know that we are supposed to advertise but check this stuff out www.DualPolymer.com I find this stuff got it used it on my wife's car and my XD super easy to put on and when you done it looks like the truck is still wet.

·
1,323 Posts
Mine is good...I have auto OCD and haven't noticed anything glaring. The only exception is a few bumps in the bed paint, presumably from the spray in bed liner.

·
405 Posts
Yes, the seals around the doors are uneven and look terrible and there's all kinds of squeaks and rattles inside with the radio not even at half volume. I also have a loose feeling in the front suspension that you can feel thru the steering wheel. Lastly, twice my AC blower has refused to turn on with the truck and It will automatically turn on about a mile down the road. Meanwhile I'm sweating bullets because it's well over 100deg inside the truck. No to mention the diesel exhaust smell inside the cab during Regens

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I thought I would post up some of the pics of the issues that I have had, My selling dealer has fixed everything exceptionally well except the headliner. Still waiting on # 5 to show up from Nissan undamaged or right trim level.

I could not get a pic of the hood dent due to the Pearl White paint.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I had a paint defect on mine at the front of the box on the drivers side which I somehow missed and didn't notice until I got it home in the right light. Went back to the dealer with it and they tried polishing it out which I knew wasn't going to do anything because I could tell it was in the base not the clear coat. After going back and forth with Nissan, they determined it was indeed in the base coat and obviously missed before it left the factory. They wanted to paint the whole box side and I said no way your not spraying a brand new truck I've lived through that nightmare before. I decided to leave it, fortunately enough its only visible under just the right light. Absolutely disappointing feeling when you spend that much money on a brand new truck though.

Attachments

·
857 Posts
Too bad brands don't value their reputation enough to say, do a buy back on something like this, learn from it and give you a truck that's in the most ideal condition. That alone could benefit them more than it does to you, and you'll be super happy about it.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I'm glad I got white.

But the wife's murano is grey. The paint is a little orange peely. A good friend of mine who is a detailer said it's perfect. Lots of clear coat to cut to make it look smooth.

·
70 Posts
Yes, the seals around the doors are uneven and look terrible and there's all kinds of squeaks and rattles inside with the radio not even at half volume. I also have a loose feeling in the front suspension that you can feel thru the steering wheel. Lastly, twice my AC blower has refused to turn on with the truck and It will automatically turn on about a mile down the road. Meanwhile I'm sweating bullets because it's well over 100deg inside the truck. No to mention the diesel exhaust smell inside the cab during Regens
I had the bad smell on my truck for about the first 1500 miles and it went away almost like it was the engine paint or coating on exhaust or something. I run with my recirculation button on all the time anyhow though not much fresh air around these days especially when in traffic.

·
88 Posts
I'm glad I got white.

But the wife's murano is grey. The paint is a little orange peely. A good friend of mine who is a detailer said it's perfect. Lots of clear coat to cut to make it look smooth.
Did your friend happen to use a paint thickness gauge? It's very frowned up to wet sand a factory sprayed clear coat because they are generally really thin.

·
70 Posts
welcome to the world of owning a nissan truck.
I guess I've been lucky my Gen 1 still going strong my parents have it now and love it best vehicle I've ever had tight as a drum. I love my XD also and I'm pretty picky. These issues plague all brands though you can get on Big 3 forums and see all the same crap and I've had friends with all kinds of issues. Alot depends on the workers that put a particular truck together that day I guess. So many issues with the new Titan are worker issues not really design, engineering, or component failures just sloppy assembly. Regardless they need to get a handle on it quick and have some more positive consistency. At least the dealers seem to be wanting to take care of the problem and not downplay or refuse to fix.

·
2 Posts
Less than 200 miles:
Needs new transmission, 8 body panels need painted. Runs in paint, worst orange peel ever, no paint on front bumper, outward protruding dent on drivers door by mirror, drivers seat coming apart, foreign material under paint in 2 different areas looks like rust under paint.., interior windshield pillar trim warped looks like crap, frame rivet in front tire found at purchase, tried to get Nissan to buy back and they said no! This is from a loyal Nissan customer that in 10 years has spent 250k on Nissan cars/trucks. Bought this truck to replace a 06 Titan that was totaled in car accident and am crazy mad. 62k window sticker and looks like Hellen Keller was the quality control inspector. Next step is to buy lemon magnets and list all problems and drive around. If Nissan don't want to stand behind their product then I will damm sure keep other people from experiencing the crap I am. Bought on a Saturday in cloudy rainy day but when the sun came out so did the flaws. No way do I want a mom and pop body shop repainting just about entire truck. Don't get me wrong I am aware Nissan paint has never been the best but I would think they would learn and get better but they sure went downhill with the new XD.

·
49 Posts
My front windshield just cracked out of nowhere they paid to fix it.. passenger side door had to be realigned. My tires all have radial pull as they say.. still pulls real bad to the right after several attempts to fix the alignment. Love the truck pulls My Rv like a boss!!!!! Im not very crazy about the driver seat cant get comfy,, the bolstering is way to hard.. I like to lean on the center console , but it is to uncomfy. the paint on mine looks great.

Attachments

·
88 Posts
My front windshield just cracked out of nowhere they paid to fix it.. passenger side door had to be realigned. My tires all have radial pull as they say.. still pulls real bad to the right after several attempts to fix the alignment. Love the truck pulls My Rv like a boss!!!!! Im not very crazy about the driver seat cant get comfy,, the bolstering is way to hard.. I like to lean on the center console , but it is to uncomfy. the paint on mine looks great.
Have you looked closely above the taillights? I checked another one out on the lot the other day and the orange peel was just as bad as mine. That's where it seems to be the worst. Like they didn't even put enough clear coat.

·
49 Posts
Have you looked closely above the taillights? I checked another one out on the lot the other day and the orange peel was just as bad as mine. That's where it seems to be the worst. Like they didn't even put enough clear coat.

Looks good.. You can thank the Government for water based paints. All the new paints have bad orange peel.. my friends GMC is really bad.. My truck is totally acceptable. But Im not buying a truck for show i use it for work and play..It will be traded in , in three years .
If i cant see it ten feet away I don't give a crap.. Its just a truck for making money..:smile2::devil:

Attachments

·
88 Posts

Looks good.. You can thank the Government for water based paints. All the new paints have bad orange peel.. my friends GMC is really bad.. My truck is totally acceptable. But Im not buying a truck for show i use it for work and play..It will be traded in , in three years .
If i cant see it ten feet away I don't give a crap.. Its just a truck for making money..
Mine is for work, but for mobile detailing work, so I'd prefer it to look like glass. I'm accustomed to having my face up close and personal with the paint and notice every swirl mark or imperfection. I don't think the government regulations is an excuse because my buddy has a '15 Pro-4X with extremely smooth paint that I just detailed last week, and he also just got a '16 Ram dually that I detailed with very smooth paint. He already hit a pole with it and had the dealership replace the back quarter panel and painted it, and THAT doesn't have any orange peel either.

I pretty much gave up worrying about it. I went ahead and detailed my XD today. It's shiny, but I would still prefer to have sharper reflections.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts