Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe it is something with the fuel pickup or something? When the gas light comes on and the distance to empty gets below 60miles. I go to crank the truck and the motor turns over for like a few seconds and stops. I try again and it turns over again for a bit and cranks up then it shuts off. I try again and then it finally cranks up. I took it to the dealership where I bought it from but the diesel technician had no clue what it could be. This only happens when the gas light is on. Again I believe that it has something to do with the pickup or a check valve that is messed up and it's letting air get into the fuel line. Any ideas?

·
17 Posts
I had this happen on a test drive. The dealer didn't have any diesel on the lot so we had to drive it to a gas station. the salesman drove us there put a few gallons of diesel in it then let me drive. when i hit the start button it started then immediately shut off. the next time i hit the start button it did start but it was definitely interesting. not sure what it could be. on the drive to the gas station i did keep noticing it said something about low fuel pressure.

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine has never said low fuel pressure. I guess I just shouldn't run it till the gas light comes on anymore. But sometimes that's not possible.

·
10 Posts
I believe if you run into a low fuel pressure what you are to do is shut truck down turn on key do not step on break and then hit start and that suppose to prime the line of air. I never had to try that but I found out if you are going to change your own fuel filters every 10,000 you should learn and save 400.00$ from dealers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts