Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tow a big travel trailer with an XD gasser (2019 SV CC). 7.8 MPG gives me too little range with the 26 gallon tank. I know Titan Tanks makes the larger tank for the diesel, but they’re not gonna make one for the gasser.

Looking for something automated. I already carry 2 x 5 gallon cans. Transfer tank with siphon tube just doesn’t seem like the best that can be done.

Anyone solved this problem? Anyone using the diesel TItan Tank for gas (just PM me if you don’t want to state publicly.)

Please don’t say buy a different truck. This thing is otherwise fantastic. There has to be a way to add gas capacity.

·
316 Posts
Check transferflow.com I believe they make gasoline transfer tanks but not certain.

Stay frosty

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. That is correct. Transfer Flow does make a couple of in-bed steel tanks that will hold gasoline and fit in the Titan XD bed. One with a tool box, one without. But they are essentially glorified giant 200lb empty gas cans, still requiring separate refilling and fuel movement into the main tank. For $1500-2 grand I’d hope for a better solution than that. Functionally this would work, but hoping for either:

1. Replacement tank ideally, or
2. A true aux tank that will fit under my hard tonneau cover and work without climbing into the bed to get to the fill cap and filling nozzle.

Obviously an aux tank still needs to be filled separately even if it can automatically fill the main tank…

I guess I really won’t be happy with anything but a replacement tank. All other approaches compromise bed usage, payload, and bank accounts, lol.

Honestly, I’m good with a $2k solution, but it better be under the bed, not in it.

·
25 Posts
I tow a big travel trailer with an XD gasser (2019 SV CC). 7.8 MPG gives me too little range with the 26 gallon tank. I know Titan Tanks makes the larger tank for the diesel, but they’re not gonna make one for the gasser.

Looking for something automated. I already carry 2 x 5 gallon cans. Transfer tank with siphon tube just doesn’t seem like the best that can be done.

Anyone solved this problem? Anyone using the diesel TItan Tank for gas (just PM me if you don’t want to state publicly.)

Please don’t say buy a different truck. This thing is otherwise fantastic. There has to be a way to add gas capacity.
Hey Msg. Me - i need a consultation !

·
162 Posts
Why don’t you just use the Titan tank for the diesels? There’s no law against it, hell my work f250 comes factory with a 48 gallon tank and it’s a gasser

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is tempting to try that. Not sure about the legality of it. But clearly it isn’t about the number gallons since, as you said, other mfrs offer large gasoline tanks from the factory. I’m ok with modding the truck, but I don’t want to compromise safety in any way.

Has anyone used the big Titan diesel replacement tank on their gasser? Please share you experience if you’ve done it.

·
25 Posts
It is tempting to try that. Not sure about the legality of it. But clearly it isn’t about the number gallons since, as you said, other mfrs offer large gasoline tanks from the factory. I’m ok with modding the truck, but I don’t want to compromise safety in any way.

Has anyone used the big Titan diesel replacement tank on their gasser? Please share you experience if you’ve done it.
Isnt there another thread about a Titan tank of 50 gal, another member bought through Nissan i thought ? Am i hallucinating , i thought i read it here somewhere. ??

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, but the thread was about the 50 gallon tank for the diesel XD that Titan Tanks makes. Cajun is suggesting that I just use the diesel tank in the gasser.

I’m asking if anyone else has used the diesel Titan replacement tank in the gasser and could speak to the issue from experience. At a glance it seems this would work, but the devil can be in the details.

·
336 Posts
Yes, but the thread was about the 50 gallon tank for the diesel XD that Titan Tanks makes. Cajun is suggesting that I just use the diesel tank in the gasser.

I’m asking if anyone else has used the diesel Titan replacement tank in the gasser and could speak to the issue from experience. At a glance it seems this would work, but the devil can be in the details.
I recall seeing a post with a concise and detailed technical explanation regarding why the Titan 50 gallon diesel tank won't work on the gas truck. I just don't recall if it was this forum or elsewhere.

·
162 Posts
I recall seeing a post with a concise and detailed technical explanation regarding why the Titan 50 gallon diesel tank won't work on the gas truck. I just don't recall if it was this forum or elsewhere.
The only reason it won’t work is if something is built different underneath the truck. If I had the gasser id drop this tank in no questions asked. Like I said, there’s absolutely no legality issues here being that Chevy and Ford both offer over a 40 gallon tank on their gassers. Hell the f150 has a 48 lmao

1 - 11 of 11 Posts