Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum and am in the process of buying a Titan XD. I was curious if anyone has been able to order a Titan XD from their local dealer. I have been tryin to order one - gave the dealer my list of options, etc. - back in early January and have been getting the run around ever since. First they tell me it is on order then they say they cannot order it. Does anyone know what the deal on ordering the truck is?

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I am new to the forum and am in the process of buying a Titan XD. I was curious if anyone has been able to order a Titan XD from their local dealer. I have been tryin to order one - gave the dealer my list of options, etc. - back in early January and have been getting the run around ever since. First they tell me it is on order then they say they cannot order it. Does anyone know what the deal on ordering the truck is?

The big variable here with the xd is the dealers past history of truck sales. If they didn't do much with trucks before they are lucky to get one xd now and when is out of their control.
Here in Ontario. Proven Titan dealers have had 3-4+ xd's while other dealers who don't have a history are lucky to get one.
I would search for a titan excellence dealer, they have better training on the xd.

·
608 Posts
it has been a bit of a botched roll out so I'm not surprised to hear your frustration. Try calling a different dealer.

·
99 Posts
I've had the same experience as described above. Ready to put money down on a custom ordered truck, can't get a straight answer regarding ordering one.

I want a white Pro-4X fully optioned, seems like no whites have hit the east coast.

·
911 Posts
I've had the same experience as described above. Ready to put money down on a custom ordered truck, can't get a straight answer regarding ordering one.

I want a white Pro-4X fully optioned, seems like no whites have hit the east coast.

Go to the Nissan website and build the truck you want, then click on view inventory and it should bring up the dealers with that truck in stock. You just need to find a dealer that ordered a white one in your configuration. Our service manager has a white Pro-4X for his demo so they are out there.

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gave up on the original dealer. Guy was basically lying to me. Went to Baker Nissan here in Houston - bigger dealer and more honest. Sales manager told me they cannot order the XD - they cannot even trade vehicles between local dealers per Nissan. Right now they get what Nissan sends them and that is it. He told me that by summer things should be back to a normal system. This is a bigger dealership they had 4 trucks in stock. An SV, SL, Platinum 4x2, and Platinum 4x4. I took the 4x4 Platinum! This is a nice riding truck!

·
70 Posts
Gave up on the original dealer. Guy was basically lying to me. Went to Baker Nissan here in Houston - bigger dealer and more honest. Sales manager told me they cannot order the XD - they cannot even trade vehicles between local dealers per Nissan. Right now they get what Nissan sends them and that is it. He told me that by summer things should be back to a normal system. This is a bigger dealership they had 4 trucks in stock. An SV, SL, Platinum 4x2, and Platinum 4x4. I took the 4x4 Platinum! This is a nice riding truck!
Fred Haas pretty much told me the same thing about ordering but he said they can make changes to trucks they are already slotted to receive and thats what they did on mine. I ordered the Pro 4x with all 3 packages its supposed to be here 1st week of March. They were slotted to receive a blue one without the luxury package but he added that for me. Hope it wasn't BS most honest sounding car guy I spoke with in the Houston area. Gave me a print out and said he would call when it got there.

·
49 Posts
I ordered a Pro 4x from Fred Haus as well .. I put 10,000.00 down to guarantee me the first blue one to show up in March.

·
70 Posts
I ordered a Pro 4x from Fred Haus as well .. I put 10,000.00 down to guarantee me the first blue one to show up in March.
Too funny the sales guy told me that he said a guy came in with 10k and is getting the first blue Pro 4x. I was second unless you backed out lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts