Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if ill be good to run my truck stock (no tune) with no dpf and cat? Nissan is going to be putting a new engine in. And I kinda of imagined the truck not running right in stock with all the deletes.

·
608 Posts
It won't run without the dpf and scr unless you have a tune that turns the sensors off. If you put a dpf and scr on a motor that the sensors are turned off, then it'll run for a while but eventually the DPF will get clogged and the truck won't run. If nissan replaces your motor, everything will be fine because they don't change the exhaust, or tuning. I'm confused at what your situation is, though, to be honest.

·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a straight exhaust coming from the down pipe. No cat of dpf and the def is unplugged. I'm worried nissan is going to overwrite my custom tune with a stock tune. I was wondering with that stock tune, will I be able to drive the truck home (12 miles)?

·
608 Posts
I don't think they will flash the ecm, but in the event that they do, you would be in limp mode, probably 5mph, all the way home

·
1,310 Posts
You may not have to worry about a new engine if it’s a warranty replacement and they see you are missing a few parts...

And no, it won’t run very well if they reflash your ECU.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts