Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, just some late night pondering, but does anyone know if Nissan is going to make an SUV based off of the new Titan XD? I think it could have a sizable market going up against only the Expedition and Suburban.
With the Excursion gone, it would be the only full size diesel SUV. Perhaps next year we will see something.

·
608 Posts
It is possible. Those vehicles perplex me because they are so fuel inefficient, but there is still a steady demand, and they also have really high margins for the automaker. I would imagine that its not Nissan's top priority, but they would definitely consider it given that they have a platform for it.

·
65 Posts
@nihilus, this is an interesting idea.

It is possible. Those vehicles perplex me because they are so fuel inefficient, but there is still a steady demand, and they also have really high margins for the automaker. I would imagine that its not Nissan's top priority, but they would definitely consider it given that they have a platform for it.
As you mention, the profit margins are quite high. And the conversion from Titan to Armada is probably a relatively simple engineering exercise as compared to developing a whole new model, like the new Murano.

I think Nissan would be nuts if they pass on the opportunity.

·
608 Posts
I suppose they are the same size as big trucks, but the Armada is so large that I don't like it. Reminds me of the H2. Just too much.

·
857 Posts
I suppose they are the same size as big trucks, but the Armada is so large that I don't like it. Reminds me of the H2. Just too much.
I always liked how big it was, even with its infiniti version, the QX60 before they turned it into a crossover, no longer truck based :(

·
120 Posts
I always liked how big it was, even with its infiniti version, the QX60 before they turned it into a crossover, no longer truck based :(
Its QX80 new name is another a crossover. It is based off the Nissan patrol. It has crazy offload skills. Yes it went uni body, most people will never drive there 80k SUV off road but it will kick ass. Just like the Range Rover.... uni body . Built for serious off roading yet serves on the pavment.

·
608 Posts
The QX80 is an ugly vehicle in my opinion. Oversized, and the styling isn't helping it much either. It just looks very bubbly, over chromed and bloated in my opinion.

·
857 Posts
Its QX80 new name is another a crossover. It is based off the Nissan patrol. It has crazy offload skills. Yes it went uni body, most people will never drive there 80k SUV off road but it will kick ass. Just like the Range Rover.... uni body . Built for serious off roading yet serves on the pavment.
very true.

their real off-road market for that chassis is in the middle east but we all know they have patrols they can be the crap out and QX80's they still get that can take on some of that beating.

·
340 Posts
The QX80 is an ugly vehicle in my opinion. Oversized, and the styling isn't helping it much either. It just looks very bubbly, over chromed and bloated in my opinion.

Why are you shopping for a Titan if you think that Infiniti is oversized? That's just bad math...

·
772 Posts
I love the qx. go drive one and you'll be amazed. A ridiculous amount of power and a 7 speed with it. I doubt they do a diesel armada.

·
2 Posts
I love my Armada and like the QX80.

The Armada has had the same shape since 2004. It would be nice to see Nissan give it a new look. It is a suv that is overlooked, but for what its worth, I think it gives you real bang for your buck, compared to all other 7 to 8 seaters out there.

I would definitely like to upgrade my Armada to a new body style if Nissan gives it a new look.

I hope Nissan does not stop producing the Armada.

·
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I looks like big SUV sales are slowly creeping back up from their 2009 lows. They are still FAR from the '98-'02 days, back when they could support the Excursion. Nissan will probably wait to see the reception of the Titan before sticking any kind of money in the project. @Forge - Generally, the SUVs have a shorter WB than their pickup cousins. the H2 is the exception since it is sort of based on a 3/4 ton platform.
btw, the QX80 looks like a fat penis!

·
608 Posts
I looks like big SUV sales are slowly creeping back up from their 2009 lows. They are still FAR from the '98-'02 days, back when they could support the Excursion. Nissan will probably wait to see the reception of the Titan before sticking any kind of money in the project. @Forge - Generally, the SUVs have a shorter WB than their pickup cousins. the H2 is the exception since it is sort of based on a 3/4 ton platform.
btw, the QX80 looks like a fat penis!
I kinda agree with you on the QX80 looks. LOL

I think that people are getting into SUVs right now, and with gas prices being lower they are less afraid of getting a big vehicle. I just know that gas prices won't stay low forever so it seems short sighted to me to go for a huge SUV unless you actually need all that space.

·
857 Posts
QX80 is a mash up of a whale and penis, for all we know that's what the designers probably had on their desk for inspiration when designing this thing! Lol

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Ok, just some late night pondering, but does anyone know if Nissan is going to make an SUV based off of the new Titan XD? I think it could have a sizable market going up against only the Expedition and Suburban.
With the Excursion gone, it would be the only full size diesel SUV. Perhaps next year we will see something.
The thinking is Nope, naw, nada on the XD type ...

However, there is a new gasser model that will be announced next year ;)

·
608 Posts
The Armada competes against the Navigator and Escalade right?

I actually think it looks pretty good when compared to those.

·
65 Posts
I hate the looks of the QX80, but I drove one and was impressed. The Titan XD, as a newer vehicle, should be even better to drive.

·
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If I had that vehicle, I would divert the passenger washer sprayer to spray out of the front Infiniti symbol.
TFLtruck does a good job testing the QX80, Navigator, and Yukon XL up the Ike Gauntlet. Very Cool.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts