Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AT Error warning light has come on multiple times already. When I start the truck up and put it in drive it feels like it's it in a different gear when attempting to drive. I have to put the truck back in park then drive again so it gets into the correct gear. I took the truck to Nissan and it came back incorrect gear ratio after they checked the code. They cleared the code but it's still happening occasionally especially when I park in my driveway which is somewhat angled down, see image. Is anyone else experiencing this issue and if so any feedback for me?

Attachments

·
858 Posts
AT Error warning light has come on multiple times already. When I start the truck up and put it in drive it feels like it's it in a different gear when attempting to drive. I have to put the truck back in park then drive again so it gets into the correct gear. I took the truck to Nissan and it came back incorrect gear ratio after they checked the code. They cleared the code but it's still happening occasionally especially when I park in my driveway which is somewhat angled down, see image. Is anyone else experiencing this issue and if so any feedback for me?
Do you know what the exact code was? Is it a diesel or gasser, 16 or 17?

·
858 Posts
Checked today but the bulletin is for gas models, to do with loose clamps on the intake air ducting.

Error codes are not one of the issues that the flash is suppose to address so I would think you have another issue causing the code.

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Checked today but the bulletin is for gas models, to do with loose clamps on the intake air ducting.

Error codes are not one of the issues that the flash is suppose to address so I would think you have another issue causing the code.
They flashed the TCM update and they are working on the alignment (pulls to the right) now... I'll follow up once I get the truck back. Thanks for your help!

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nissan is ordering a new transmission this morning. I honestly want nothing to do with this truck anymore!!

·
8 Posts
Nissan is ordering a new transmission this morning. I honestly want nothing to do with this truck anymore!!
Curious if this fixed your issue, I have a 2019 Nissan Titan XD, had same issues, they replaced the transmission and still having the same problem, they are stumped.

·
24 Posts
Well I guess we both are bringing this post back from the dead, lol. I went out tonight to grab a last minute card for the wife and got the At error warning. Would also like to know what the final outcome was. Thanks.

·
8 Posts
A new transmission fixed my issues as the truck had a faulty one.
Well, they replaced my transmission last week, picked my truck up last Saturday, light came back on Monday morning, at this point they are stumped, replacing one part at a time, now waiting for a new TCM, transmission control module, to come in. Will update when if ever it gets fixed. Currently we are over two weeks being down.

·
8 Posts
Well they kept my truck another week, ordered and replaced the TCM and tested it for an extra day, no issues. I went to pick it up yesterday evening and took it home, drove to work this morning, everything was ok, when I got back in the truck this evening the AT Error light came back on again, took straight back to the shop. We’ll have to wait and see what they say this time. This will be the 22nd day the truck has been in the shop for this light. What else is there left to replace???

·
147 Posts
i'm betting on bad harness or wire leading to a plug/sensor. had a similiar problem on a road race EVO track car where it would give an ecu error and go into limp mode during a 30 min race; we replaced every damn thing every sensor and even the ecu. no dice. inspected the harness couldn't find anything but eventually decided to replace that too cause we couldn't think of anything else to do. problem immediately solved

·
24 Posts
Any luck on yours?
Dropped it off Sunday night, they told me Monday afternoon it had 4 codes...

Transmission control system
Reductant level
Transmission fluid temp sensor a and fluid temp sensor b.

Service writer tells me they are all past codes which is weird because it was at the dealer less then 200 miles ago getting the tcm updated. He told me they erased the codes and to drive it to see if the light came back. Picked it up Monday night and light came back on today. Only drove it 20 miles, calling tomorrow...

·
8 Posts
i'm betting on bad harness or wire leading to a plug/sensor. had a similiar problem on a road race EVO track car where it would give an ecu error and go into limp mode during a 30 min race; we replaced every damn thing every sensor and even the ecu. no dice. inspected the harness couldn't find anything but eventually decided to replace that too cause we couldn't think of anything else to do. problem immediately solved
I had an engine wiring harness issue last spring <1 month after I purchased the vehicle that had to be replaced. I have reminded them of this issue already, however they have not diagnosed it as this for this repair as of yet. Still a waiting game on my end.

·
8 Posts
Dropped it off Sunday night, they told me Monday afternoon it had 4 codes...

Transmission control system
Reductant level
Transmission fluid temp sensor a and fluid temp sensor b.

Service writer tells me they are all past codes which is weird because it was at the dealer less then 200 miles ago getting the tcm updated. He told me they erased the codes and to drive it to see if the light came back. Picked it up Monday night and light came back on today. Only drove it 20 miles, calling tomorrow...
Mine is still in the shop, day 27 for this Transmission Issue, the dealership is getting all direction from Nissan North America at this point. They are still pulling the same codes as before they replaced the transmission and the transmission control module. Nothing has worked, no status has changed thus far. Will update when I have some news, however for now it is radio silence from all.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts