Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at buying a TT with a hitch weight at 1,000lbs. Want to tow it with my ATV in the back weighing about 650lbs. I also have the titan boxes so another 150 in gear. This still puts me where I sit comfortably for payload and towing capacity but I am looking in the top percentage of both of them and wondered if anybody had any experience with something similar and how the truck handled it. I have hauled and towed before, but not both. If this truck does have a weak point it is the suspension, great ride but that is where it squats down. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks all.

·
595 Posts
When mine squats like that I never notice an issue with handling or drivability.

700 lbs of motorcycle & 250 lbs of tools in bed, enclosed trailer with about 500 lbs on the hitch, sits down a little then handles just fine.

Some feel that adding air bags to support the rear helps, does level it out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
59 Posts
I've had plenty of experience with the titan squat issue and I just had the local spring shop put an extra leaf in and that fixed the issue. Of course, I had to re-arrange my hitch height.
For what its worth, Squatting causes the rear tires to wear more quickly than the fronts. Same thing happens on a tandem trailer where the trailer sits nose high and tail down. The rear tires take the brunt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts