Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
492 Posts
Planning for 4000 mile trip pulling TT. Anyone researched aux fuel tanks?
You shouldn't need one....Oh wait, Nissan forgot to put a full size tank on the XD, you will need to figure out a way to carry additional fuel, or stop a lot.
NISSAN, this truck needs a 36 gallon fuel tank.

·
235 Posts
Titan Fuel tanks has some and they were on performance TV. You'll have to look up a few reviews to see if anyone has problems with them.
any certain brands on your mind?

Or get a few of these and put them in a truck bed lock box.

·
1,979 Posts
Buy Diesel 2 jugs for a emergency otherwise pay attention to where the next fill up is next. A bigger concern would be making sure you go to a high turnover station. It's just a matter of time before someone gas to file a Insurance claim because of bad fuel.

·
608 Posts
Yea having the gas in containers instead of hooking up an aux is definitely cheaper, easier and ultimately you can carry more fuel that way too.

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Buy Diesel 2 jugs for a emergency otherwise pay attention to where the next fill up is next. A bigger concern would be making sure you go to a high turnover station. It's just a matter of time before someone gas to file a Insurance claim because of bad fuel.
Have mapped out Flying 'Js' along the route. Pretty sure I can make it between stops. Just don't like to pull on 'empty'.

·
49 Posts
Titan Fuel tanks has some and they were on performance TV. You'll have to look up a few reviews to see if anyone has problems with them.
any certain brands on your mind?

Or get a few of these and put them in a truck bed lock box.

We used those Scepter cans in the military. They're pretty much bombproof.
I've found them used and new on Ebay, but you really have to search for deals because now that the government said they're a no-no, the price has shot through the roof.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Transferflow has a 50 gallon tank that replaces the OEM tank. transferflow.com

Has anyone tried this tank? Does it have the DEF tank included?

I'm like you, wish my new Titan has a larger tank.

·
281 Posts
On real long trips esp when towing, two 5 gal jugs @ $13 apiece, a shaker siphon ($9) if I don't want to fool with the blasted nozzles, a 1 gal Ziploc to stow the siphon and a Gas Buddy app. Before I put the camper shell on it, would just put a jug on the bed rail and 3 mins or so later per jug, on my way. Now I have to carry a step ladder, but it works for me.

·
3 Posts
AUX Tank

Better late than never, I guess... I have included some photos of my setup. 65 gal tank from Titan Fuel Tanks with a controller mounted inside the cab. Push the button and it pumps a default amount of fuel in. Its great and give me range of about 1,300 - 1,500 miles.

2 areas that need improvement - I wish it transferred more fuel when you push the button. I am guessing it send 2-3 gals at a time. I would prefer 5 or 8.

It doesn't transfer all the fuel in the tank. 65 gal initial fill up and can only get about 58 gal on refuel.

love it for long trips!

Attachments

·
485 Posts
Ditto this

On real long trips esp when towing, two 5 gal jugs @ $13 apiece, a shaker siphon ($9) if I don't want to fool with the blasted nozzles, a 1 gal Ziploc to stow the siphon and a Gas Buddy app. Before I put the camper shell on it, would just put a jug on the bed rail and 3 mins or so later per jug, on my way. Now I have to carry a step ladder, but it works for me.
I carry two five gallon jugs and a siphon hose when pulling my fifth wheeler on trips. I try not to use it but having that extra 120 mile range is peace off mind. Of course I do use them and refill with clean diesel about every three months so creepy crawly things do not grow in the fuel. The best thing is this is a cheap aux tank:wink2:

·
28 Posts
I put a 100 U.S. Gal Tank in the back and it gives me 3 extra tank fulls before i need to stop for fuel.
I just did 14000km trip and it was a real blessing compared to the last trip.
I picked up the tank in Princess Auto. I'm assuming your using Diesel. If not, then Road Vault is a good bet. It's Approved.

Zurc.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts