Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 2019 Nissan XD Cummins purchased in February 2019. Everything was fine until running down the road at 70 mph a warning to Stop truck now. Particulate filter issues at 6000 miles. I called dealer. He said to get truck towed which I did. They kept truck 2 weeks. They said truck needed a regen. I started driving home 64 miles away. 20 miles later same warning on particulate filter. Called dealer they just needs regen. I drove truck 120 miles and regened twice. Dealer didn’t know what to do and said just drive it. 8800 miles and several regens I called dealer about new warning on particulate filter. They said just drive it over here. About 10 miles from dealer went to limp mode. 1 1/2 months later Nissan Engineer still hadn’t showed up. Finally 2 months later dealer said the Cummins truck had major issues. They replaced turbo and some other parts. It still had issues Engineering couldn’t fix. Truck went to market I was told. I traded for Gas XD in September after waiting a month and a half on no show engineers. The gas XD has issues with front end after 2100 miles. That’s another story. I like the XD ride. and all the features but I’m beginning to wonder about these trucks.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Sorry to hear about your experience with Dealer and Engineering, somewhere along the line it sounds like poor communication and maybe lack of experience on dealer end.Did you call Nissan and open a case ?? Is there another dealer close by?? I have 90,000 on a 16 cummins no engine issues other than a oil leak at 70,000. And a dealer that excels at service!!! Hope the best on your gasser issue!!!

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn’t call Nissan. I guess I should have. I loved the truck. My dealer had about 20 something Cummins with practically same problems I was told all waiting on Nissan engineers to show up. When I called yesterday to dealer to make a appointment for gas XD they said they are covered up in problems with these XD’s. I’m beginning to wonder about dealer. Yes there is a dealer in my town but they are worse than one in next town.

·
594 Posts
Suck to hear all that. Hope you get the issue resolved soon.

·
411 Posts
I didn’t call Nissan. I guess I should have. I loved the truck. My dealer had about 20 something Cummins with practically same problems I was told all waiting on Nissan engineers to show up. When I called yesterday to dealer to make a appointment for gas XD they said they are covered up in problems with these XD’s. I’m beginning to wonder about dealer. Yes there is a dealer in my town but they are worse than one in next town.
Seems that is an excessive number of 'problem' XDs at one location. I really have to wonder about that dealership. I know from speaking with the service writer at my local dealership that there were/are some dealerships that have never been happy about having to market and service trucks, especially the XD and XD diesel, and that these same dealerships seem to generate a lot more reports of 'problem' vehicles. Draw your own conclusions.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
426 Posts
My dealer has been great. Truck had 147,000 miles and turbo went bad, along with leaking EGR cooler. Gave a very good deal on trade. Traded for XD gasser. Love it. Love the XD platform. Wish the Cummins would have held together longer. No issues to that point.

·
22 Posts
Sounds like the dpf filters went bad. At some point a regen won't clear them. Not sure why they would do anything with the turbo. Replacing the filters should've fixed it. Idling too long or shutting the engine down during a regen or not driving hard/long enough for a regen can wreck the filters.

·
21 Posts
My dealer is phenomenal , Rick Hendricks backs up all of his Nissans and Toyotas with a life time power/tran warranty. On top of the factory 100k b2b warrant.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts