100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed BAK MX4 Tonneau cover and what a beautiful piece of work :grin2:

Highly recommended!!

Had to sacrifice the Nissan side storage boxes and have them removed
and now their for sale on Kijiji

·
88 Posts
Just for informative purposes, I've been told the locks on the boxes are self cutting to the first key put in, so if you used your key on them, they are now cut to your key. My wife's family is in the locksmith business and the tumblers cannot be rekeyed. So a key would need to be made by impression. I had to do that, and now I technically have a door key for the owner's truck that I bought the boxes from.

·
229 Posts
I installed my Bakflip G2 yesterday and all I had to do was flip the Utilitracks on the sides upside down to give the clamps which hold the mounting rails more space between the rail and body of the pickup bed.

From what it looks like the MX4 and G2 are near identical. How did your MX4 mount in? With the way the G2 mounted I think I would still be able to use Titan boxes.

·
149 Posts
I installed my Bakflip G2 yesterday and all I had to do was flip the Utilitracks on the sides upside down to give the clamps which hold the mounting rails more space between the rail and body of the pickup bed.

From what it looks like the MX4 and G2 are near identical. How did your MX4 mount in? With the way the G2 mounted I think I would still be able to use Titan boxes.

I tried to flip the side rails and still open the Titan boxes but you can open or close them because the side rails came down too far. I even contacted Bakflip for a solution and then told me that you would have to decide between the cover and the boxes. I'm going to either cut the rails or remove the front half of the side rails to install mine.

·
229 Posts
hrmm, weird.

Ah well, I guess I won't be buying the Titan boxes :) Thanks for the info!

Btw, you can always get a Bakbox.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts