Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This probably belongs in the engine section, but I figured more would see it here. My question is this...would that Banks system that they installed on the SEMA truck reduce any idea the lag? I'm new to thelp diesel scene and I don't know what steps to take...it is noticibly bigger so that means more air right? Would it be worth the money...

·
1,979 Posts
This probably belongs in the engine section, but I figured more would see it here. My question is this...would that Banks system that they installed on the SEMA truck reduce any idea the lag? I'm new to thelp diesel scene and I don't know what steps to take...it is noticibly bigger so that means more air right? Would it be worth the money...
No, the lag is programmed into the computer. Chances are Nissan won't like that Banks system if there was a motor issue, either.
You're best to just to adjust your driving habits to deal with the lag.

·
430 Posts
You're not going to gain much, if anything from a cai, unless you delete and tune, and then, it really only benefits a high HP/TQ setup. As it is, now, it's pulling as much air as it wants.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
But I'm very interested to see what banks comes out with for the 5L. Call it wishful thinking. But banks was one of the first specifically invited to check out the 5L. Maybe nissan might turn a blind eye if it's banks equipped.
I know in the snowmobile world a polaris dealer had access to alot of slp performance parts. As Yamaha does with mpi and warranty if dealer installs one of there superchargers.
I guess Toyota was doing it too with their in house TRD parts.
Nissan, nismo is more car related.

·
1,979 Posts
But I'm very interested to see what banks comes out with for the 5L. Call it wishful thinking. But banks was one of the first specifically invited to check out the 5L. Maybe nissan might turn a blind eye if it's banks equipped.
I know in the snowmobile world a polaris dealer had access to alot of slp performance parts. As Yamaha does with mpi and warranty if dealer installs one of there superchargers.
I guess Toyota was doing it too with their in house TRD parts.
Nissan, nismo is more car related.
I'd be very surprised if Nissan & Cummins will tolerate mods, especially on a 1st year model.

·
917 Posts
Any sort of mod could void your warranty. Now if it was an authorized mod through Nissan then it would be ok, such as a Nismo add on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts