Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a '16 XD and when getting off work I could only hit the button on the door and thats the last time my truck gave me an active response. Got in, tried to start it and heard a couple of sounds from the front like knocking. Not to mention the start button flickering and at one point when trying to the brake was vibrating while on it. At some point the dash board lit up, asked me to start the truck, then nothing again. The start button is currently on, in the parking lot at work. I checked one battery (bought 2 brand new batteries almost 2 years ago) and the only battery that I checked, I saw major buildup only on the positive post. Definitely don't want to have it towed to the dealership, so hoping I can reach out to see if anyone has had a similar problem.
I've had this problem once before but after I got my second Fob, it worked fine until now. Replaced the battery AND got the other Fob this time but still nothing.

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got a '16 XD and when getting off work I could only hit the button on the door and thats the last time my truck gave me an active response. Got in, tried to start it and heard a couple of sounds from the front like knocking. Not to mention the start button flickering and at one point when trying to the brake was vibrating while on it. At some point the dash board lit up, asked me to start the truck, then nothing again. The start button is currently on, in the parking lot at work. I checked one battery (bought 2 brand new batteries almost 2 years ago) and the only battery that I checked, I saw major buildup only on the positive post. Definitely don't want to have it towed to the dealership, so hoping I can reach out to see if anyone has had a similar problem.
I've had this problem once before but after I got my second Fob, it worked fine until now. Replaced the battery AND got the other Fob this time but still nothing.
To clarify just in case, someone brought me the spare Fob. Thats what I mean by that.

·
48 Posts
Wire brush and electrical anti oxidant compound Take terminals off, clean with wire brush, apply anti ox, attach terminals.

·
1,044 Posts
If it’s not dirty, corroded terminals then it’s probably just the age of the batteries if they are OEM. Those factory ones are garbage, anyways.

·
56 Posts
Corrosion on positive terminal is your problem. Clean all that off and then jump start it. My terminal corrosion on one battery caused my truck to crank slowly and other weird stuff.

·
726 Posts
Agreed, modern vehicles are sensitive to even minor voltage/amperage fluctuations. The factory wet cell batteries were a bad choice. Replaced mine and cleaned everything including the battery blankets. Very good $300+ investment in the truck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts