Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve always been partial to optimas but I’d like to hear if there is something better in a similar price range.

Went for a drive yesterday and my precious is turning over a bit slow for my taste.

·
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve been very impressed with my Interstate AGMs. I’ve had them in a few vehicles, now.

You can get them for a pretty good discount at Costco. Do they have those in Canada?
Yeah we have costco. Usually costco batteries here are the cheap alternative that leaves you stranded!

There is an interstate dealer not far from me though…

·
506 Posts
Yeah we have costco. Usually costco batteries here are the cheap alternative that leaves you stranded!

There is an interstate dealer not far from me though…
I’m sorry but spending big money on car batteries is stupid. I run the cheapest batteries I can get at auto zone and have NEVER been stranded with a dead battery, not once. So keep spending money on a optima on a stock vehicle lol.

·
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m sorry but spending big money on car batteries is stupid. I run the cheapest batteries I can get at auto zone and have NEVER been stranded with a dead battery, not once. So keep spending money on a optima on a stock vehicle lol.
No it’s not. When optimas first started getting popular near the turn of the century my mom put one in her rambler. That battery is over twenty years old and still in service. I’ve put optimas into every vehicle I’ve owned and had only one go bad. I’m sure me running it flat multiple times had nothing to do with it.

Pay once, cry once.

·
742 Posts
Interstate MTP. There's no reason in the world to put an AGM battery in a vehicle.

·
1,333 Posts
Interstate MTP. There's no reason in the world to put an AGM battery in a vehicle.
This is pretty out of touch. I usually agree with everything you say.

If you own a vehicle that ‘auto-stops’ to save gas when come to a complete stop, it comes AGM from the factory. Which is almost every vehicle on the market these days. They even have their own cooling system fans, usually.

Other batteries won’t hold up to the heat cycling. Or the cold, for that matter.

·
529 Posts
I put two Odyssey AGM's in about a year and half ago. I got just over 5 years on the OEM batteries, and replaced them pre-emptively in June 2021 before a long trip. Just didn;t trust them in the heat...would have been my luck that they died on the road! The Odyssey's have been rock solid. They are expensive (maybe 75 buyks more than Optimas), but my truck sits sometimes for quite a while (not a daily driver and driven even less with diesel prices the way they are) and never have any problem with them/it.

·
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nissans in general seem to have high transient loads and benefit from good batteries.

Yellow tops seem to work better than red tops, but almost always solved electrical gremlins that start showing up after three years on a normal lead acid.

I had heard that optima quality diminished after they got bought by johnston controls, so curious if there are better options, thus this thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts