Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just pick up a 2018 XD SV gasser. It has a drop in liner, and living in New York it’s got to go before winter time. I’ve got a quote for 450 from the local RHINO shop and 525 from Line-X. Looks like Line-x seems to be the better of the two in terms of durability. Any opinions on spray in liners? Also it doesn’t have the covers for the gooseneck receiver, does anyone know where to get these or have a part number? Thanks for any opinions.

·
411 Posts
I purchased my Titan XD with the factory sprayed in liner BUT on my last two trucks I applied/installed the liner myself.

I bought the kit which came with the rubberized material in a can and the textured additive (seemed like ground hard rubber). It requires some work to lightly sand the bed paint so that the application will adhere and I wiped the entire area down with (acetone I think) to clean dust and remove any oil or grease. I applied with a narrow thick napped roller (3-4 inch wide). One kit instructed to sprinkle the texture material on after applying the rubberized coating, I added it into the wet material before rolling it on (just needed to re-stir the material every so often).

I purchased two kits per truck and used at least 1 1/2 of each on each truck which allowed me to apply a pretty thick coat (thicker than the factory or professional apllications), and apply it to some spill-over locations and seal up some small gaps in the sheet metal. Made for a more cushioned and grippy coating.

I also coated the insides of the post holes on the bed rails.

The coating was remarkably robust, neither one had any delamination or metal exposure and both received very hard use.

Took time and hassle, YES, somewhat inconvenient to do, YES, money saved, YES, ability to dictate how much I wanted and where I wanted it, YES.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
98 Posts
I had Rhino in a previous truck, my father had Line-X in his truck during the same time period. IMO, it's about preference. Rhino is more grippy and stuff slides around less. Line-X is more abrasive, and has a harder feel. We never had a problem with either one. My father's truck is still in the family (it's a 2002) and the bed still looks perfect. I got rid of my '97 truck a few years back simply because it was rotting away underneath. Bed still looked great with the Rhino. I am going to get quotes from local dealers and decide which way I want to go this time around. There's a local independent guy who used to be affiliated with one of the other big names, but now he's on his own - still sprays the same product. He might get a serious look.

I too have an '18 SV gasser with a plastic drop-in liner and have been wondering the same thing, how to cover up the receiver points in the floor of the bed.

·
411 Posts
Those drop-in plastic miners are maybe ok short term but they sure tear up the paint underneath and any trapped moisture under the miner will rust the heck out of the bed floor and in the corners of the bed. One of the worst things I ever tried.

·
411 Posts
Cappingng the bed holes;

This isn't exactly factory nor is it the most beautiful fix but.....

if you drop in to a plumbing supply store and take a look at the vinyl caps used to cap the top of a toilet plumbing sit-in (or to cover a toilet flange) you will find there are ones sized that will adequately cover those holes and significantly tough to hold up for a while.

To hold them in place just grab a couple of mid-sized light springs with hooks on each end, hook one end inside the hole and another through a small hole in the cap. It doesn't need to provide very much tension, just enough to keep the cap from sliding or rattling off the hole.

(I used this fix to cover several different type of holes in the beds of our work trucks)

·
2016 Titan xD P4X
7 Posts
The gooseneck bed covers are only sold in a pack of all three just bought them. Dealer had to call Nissan to get the part number and I found them for $50 expensive plastic🤦‍♂️😠. I can probably find that part number if you’d like

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The gooseneck bed covers are only sold in a pack of all three just bought them. Dealer had to call Nissan to get the part number and I found them for $50 expensive plastic🤦‍♂️😠. I can probably find that part number if you’d like
If you have it that would be much appreciated!

·
98 Posts
This is the part number for the kit of gooseneck covers.
Awesome. Thank you. All the online parts dealers show it, but they show a goofy line drawing of a tow ball and hooks, which makes you think it's something else.

I'll order them when I am going order the Bakflip and get my truck sprayed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts