Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys & Gals,

Does anyone have photos of a Titan XD with a bed topper/cap installed from Leer, SnugTop or A.R.E you can share. I'm considering ordering the A.R.E. Z series and want to get users experience, if any for our truck. Thanks!

·
701 Posts
I have the same dilemma you have ... I like snugtop the best but as of late they dont make a topper for nissan xd's .. The other manufacturers do make both glass and aluminum asim sure you are aware of. I had the same problem trying to find xd topper photos .. The xd's are to new and dont sell enough trucks to motivate the topper makers like the big boys do ..leer has a 2 month waiting list i hear ... Like everything else the topper prices have gone throught the roof ..good luck ..xxx

·
204 Posts
I want a half sleeper for mine! 80's style i know, but i like to just travel and hit a river bed somewhere and fish and just jump in the half sleeper to sleep overnite.

·
200 Posts
I have the same dilemma you have ... I like snugtop the best but as of late they dont make a topper for nissan xd's .. The other manufacturers do make both glass and aluminum asim sure you are aware of. I had the same problem trying to find xd topper photos .. The xd's are to new and dont sell enough trucks to motivate the topper makers like the big boys do ..leer has a 2 month waiting list i hear ... Like everything else the topper prices have gone throught the roof ..good luck ..xxx

I had a snugtop super sport on my tundra. Held up pretty good but the latch would always need adjusting the one side would not latch every 3-4 months for some reason. Wanted to get a leer for the xd as well but to long of a wait. I put on a backflip cover which I'm happy with . I think the truck would look real good with one on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
207 Posts

·
426 Posts
I'll be ordering a basic Leer color matched fiberglass for $1550.00 in a few weeks.

·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is an ARE Z with the keyless entry option.
RangerDanger,

Thanks for sharing the photo, your XD looks amazing! I found these images online of the ARE CX-Series topper. I think I'm going with the Z series that you have, especially after seeing how great it looks on the XD. I called two venders in my area and the Z series cost $2150-2350. I'll drop a few hints for my wife that the topper would make a great anniversary present later this month. Again, thanks.

Attachments

·
5 Posts
I'd love a topper however, my wife doesn't approve and with those prices it's prolly not gonna happen for a while.

Nice pics fellas thanks for sharing!

·
507 Posts
I'd love a topper however, my wife doesn't approve and with those prices it's prolly not gonna happen for a while.

Nice pics fellas thanks for sharing!
I really wanted a yellow topper for my Yellow Pro4X, and thought it would look awesome
The prices mentioned brought my idea of a topper to an end.
I also think I just had my first heart attack $$$$$$$$$$....:grin2:
I had assumed maybe 7-800

·
9 Posts
RangerDanger,

Thanks for sharing the photo, your XD looks amazing! I found these images online of the ARE CX-Series topper. I think I'm going with the Z series that you have, especially after seeing how great it looks on the XD. I called two venders in my area and the Z series cost $2150-2350. I'll drop a few hints for my wife that the topper would make a great anniversary present later this month. Again, thanks.
I think it was $2150, if you go to the ARE website you can get a $100 coupon to take off that. I added the top rails and the keyless lock for $125 each. If I remember right it was in the $2600 range after tax. ARE prices are fixed so it is what it is. I went with the z over the lower end model since it looks so good.

·
426 Posts
I like the looks of the Z series but it's $700 more than the basic V series I ordered.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
I'm seriously considering getting an optioned up ARE MX series canopy. Other than the occasional time I put mulch, dirt, rocks, etc in the bed, having a canopy would be great for every other use I have for the truck...other than the fact I probably wouldn't fit in any parking garages with the MX & roof rack. Can anybody tell me how much the build listed below would cost or have experience with a setup like this?

I'm thinking:

- Trimmed Edge
- Matched Factory Paint (No OTR)
- Sliding Front Window
- Outdoorsman Vented Side Windows
- Double T-lock Heavy Duty Rear Window
- 12V LED Dome Light & Dual Rope Lights w/Prop Switch Option
- Fabric Headliner
- Roof Rack
- Rigid Industries LED Light Bar
- (Maybe) - Pickup Vault by ARE (alternatively could get Decked system...would need to research both)
- TopperEZLift with Camper Package

Here are a few pics that are similar to what the canopy would look like.

Attachments

·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm considering the TopperEZLift as well, but I'm still saving for the topper. Here are two videos on the TopperEZLift... love the setup for simple camping.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts