Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

Been waiting awhile

5K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  AZTitanLover 
#1 ·
I just sold my 2014Power stroke with every option, I hope I did not make a mistake. The price of the XD is is what worries me, I hope its not comparable to the power stroke.

#7 ·
Don't be fearful.. If the Titan XD ends up costing more than a ram 2500, then it'll hurt Nissan more than anyone else. If that happens, the trucks won't sell. If they don't sell, they will offer steep discounts. If these discounts don't come soon enough, you buy a Ram 2500 with more performance for less...

#8 ·
I just priced out an F-150 with everything I want and it came in under $55k. While I'm still waiting to see the Titan, I have an option if they price the car too high or the dealers mark up the price. I'm already leaning toward the Ford given Nissan's drawn out process and my concerns that the dealer's apparent lack of knowledge may roll over into their maintenance departments.

#15 ·
I would bet that the price for the gas model Pro4X for example will be MSRP $45k and the The diesel will be $50-55K. xd platinum $60K+

What is the price on a F-150 Crew Cab w/ 3.5EB 4x4 with Leather?

#16 ·
So pricing out a F150 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4 with decent options that get as close to the XD towing is North of $56K. I think if the XD ended up around the same or a bit lower they should do well considering the Cummins vs the 3.5EB difference.

#17 ·
You really can't compare prices based on MSRPs.

At least locally, some Ford dealers are selling MSRP $70K Powerstroke Superduties at a $15K discount.
In 2011 I bought my MSRP $44K F150 at a $12K discount.
I think Ford sells so many more trucks than other brands around here because of those discounted low prices.
The discounts don't happen all the time, but often in late summer/fall when they're trying to get rid of last year's models

Other truck manufacturers also have a few high volume dealers who can really discount the MSRP.

Question is, what kind of discounts can you get off MSRP from Nissan? Locally, it doesn't look too good for me. Don't think there is a high volume, high discount Titan dealer in Ontario, or anywhere for that matter.

#18 ·
I agree...my Pro4X was MSRP 45k and I got it 10k off at 32K...

The big question in my mind that I'm throwing around is should I wait until the end of next year to see how much the prices come down once the newness wears off.

#19 ·
That's a good discount. Maybe I can do something similar locally. But I'm not going to do anything until next summer/fall. For one, I want to see a lower trim model with a King Cab and the Cummins. And I'm sure there will be more negotiating room 6-8 months after the truck's are first released.

#21 ·
Wish I knew.

Think a lot depends upon whether your local Nissan dealer will discount.

Maybe next summer/fall there will be more chance of negotiating a good price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.