Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Titan XD SL 4WD with Tow package, 20: wheels, etc.
My problem is that the entire exhaust system was replaced under warranty and the deal states that I have to drive be 5000 miles for the sensors to reset.
It passes Massachusetts safety inspections but doesn't pass the emissions inspection as only two of the three sensors are "ready" to be inspected.

I can't sell it in Massachusetts due to the emissions not yet ready to be inspected.

It has 40k miles on it, is the Leather package...a nice truck.

Can someone advise me on what states don't require the emissions test so I can list it there for sale.

I'm thinking about listing it for around $39k...

·
48 Posts
Seems high to me. I bought my 2016 Diesel 4x4 with only 30k on it and no issues 18 months ago for $7k less than that... but the market has changed a bit so that may be right.

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems high to me. I bought my 2016 Diesel 4x4 with only 30k on it and no issues 18 months ago for $7k less than that... but the market has changed a bit so that may be right.
Hi...actually I appreciate the info...I had upgrades like 20" tires and it has the tow package (not sure if tow package is optional but I think it was an upgrade). If I have the trim correct, it's the one with all leather seats... I appreciate your input. It has a all new new emissions system including new cats that were replaced by dealer. The dealer says that I have to drive it 5000 miles for the sensors to register "READY".....I have a gas 2005 Titan that I use instead for work so this one is just sitting in the driveway.

·
29 Posts
I highly doubt it takes 5000 miles for the sensors to register ready. I've never heard of any car needing that much time or mileage to show a ready state for an emissions inspection after the sensors have been replaced. I'm thinking a few 100 at the most along with a certain amount of key start ignition cycles and driving a few miles after those each time. You may want to ask them to show you what the definite answer to this is.

·
8 Posts
I'm in Massachusetts as well. A couple years ago I had my DPF changed under warranty. My truck was due for an inspection at the time of the repair and had the same issue with the system not being ready for inspection. It took about 600 miles of driving before all the sensors were ready for inspection. Not too bad.

·
7 Posts
My problem is that the entire exhaust system was replaced under warranty and the deal states that I have to drive be 5000 miles for the sensors to reset.
It passes Massachusetts safety inspections but doesn't pass the emissions inspection as only two of the three sensors are "ready" to be inspected.

I can't sell it in Massachusetts due to the emissions not yet ready to be inspected.

Can someone advise me on what states don't require the emissions test so I can list it there for sale.

Mississippi doesn't require any testing you could sell it here without any issues

·
7 Posts

Wish I had the ability to buy it yet as a disabled veteran living on a fixed income I am unable to also I live in a state where there is no inspections for this so it wouldn't be an in issue just drive it until the sensors reset and done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts