Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we have a few "tuners" out there now. Who do you trust and why? Let's start a dialog so that members do not learn an expensive or "inexpensive" lesson using the EZ Lynk.

·
156 Posts
I have the tune from Hpp...since I installed the exhaust I absolutely love driving this truck now!!!! Street tune to me seems the best driving around tune very responsive no throttle lag...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Surely this should be a topic? This is a very useful topic if kept on point with facts.

Also...Does the delete require a winter front to warm up faster? Leave the EGR cooler or remove?

·
226 Posts
From this morning I found out that Justin Sprinkle on Facebook had as issue with the newest tunes from Calibrated Addiction. I had seen his post previously where he was loosing his throttle (it wouldn't respond) with the newest update (1.1.1 I believe). Anyway the response from Calibrated was that it was his trucks fault. He noted that he was saving up for HPP. For more information I'd pose any questions to him on the FB groups. He's also been waiting for his shift on the fly switch for about a month.

I currently have HPP on either 3 or 4, and couldn't be happier. I've never had a diesel, nor have I had a tuner for them, but people that I spoke with told me to go with Jonathan, and I couldn't be happier.

·
1,300 Posts
HPP tunes are very good and John it's very good over email and can slightly modify the tunes for your needs. I asked him about slightly over fueling on cold starts to help with the winter and he said yep I can make a slight adjustment that will help get the engine going not a problem at all he said.

Up here in canada there is a local guy that has a 0, 60,120hp delete and a 60hp emission friendly tune for the XD it's called "ART - Advanced Race Tuning"

I'm going to try his tuning on my Ram 5500 this weekend if I can get a chunk of pipe for my exhaust and if it's good might be worth a try for the XD

It's just so hard to try someone else when there are guys like HPP and Hardway around.

·
129 Posts
HPP tunes are very good and John it's very good over email and can slightly modify the tunes for your needs. I asked him about slightly over fueling on cold starts to help with the winter and he said yep I can make a slight adjustment that will help get the engine going not a problem at all he said.

Up here in canada there is a local guy that has a 0, 60,120hp delete and a 60hp emission friendly tune for the XD it's called "ART - Advanced Race Tuning"

I'm going to try his tuning on my Ram 5500 this weekend if I can get a chunk of pipe for my exhaust and if it's good might be worth a try for the XD

It's just so hard to try someone else when there are guys like HPP and Hardway around.

I was actually looking into the advanced race tuning but can't find any info on who is programming or writing the tunes. I'm in Calgary so would also like the over fueling. Would have thought dirty diesel would have been in on something soon but nothing yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
1,300 Posts
So the tunes are from Canadiandieselonline.ca they are based out of Lloydminster AB. I was talking with Jamie (really nice on the phone and answered every question I had) he is the guy that writes the Cummins and Duramax tunes. He is saying that his stuff is very comparable to PPEI and HPP in regards to performance and low smoke. Now I'm not sure if he has bought a base file off someone and slightly changed it or if it's his own writing from start to finish.

From what he was saying is that he has tuned for a long time but never branded his stuff untill a couple of years ago.

So it should be interesting as I had a Hardway file on my 2011 and it drove flawlessly. I know my 5500 is not the same truck but it will give me a good indication if his stuff is in the same ball park.

·
129 Posts
So the tunes are from Canadiandieselonline.ca they are based out of Lloydminster AB. I was talking with Jamie (really nice on the phone and answered every question I had) he is the guy that writes the Cummins and Duramax tunes. He is saying that his stuff is very comparable to PPEI and HPP in regards to performance and low smoke. Now I'm not sure if he has bought a base file off someone and slightly changed it or if it's his own writing from start to finish.

From what he was saying is that he has tuned for a long time but never branded his stuff untill a couple of years ago.

So it should be interesting as I had a Hardway file on my 2011 and it drove flawlessly. I know my 5500 is not the same truck but it will give me a good indication if his stuff is in the same ball park.

Excellent stuff, thanks for the info. I knew the web store name as that's where I had seen the easy Lynk with the ART tunes but didn't know they also wrote them. I'll give him a call today and ask him a few questions as I did with hpp but very interested in seeing the comparison on your ram to see how the tunes perform from Canadian diesel.

·
15 Posts
Hey guys I just ordered my Ez Link and tunes from HardWay this morning I have heard good things about HardWay and I know that they have there 4 tunes out now. When other people say they got there tunes from HPP who is HPP? What does everyone think of HardWay are they very good? Anyway just curious on what everyone else has thought of there Tunes from HardWay.

·
100 Posts

He may become very popular if the EPA, in the USA, get HPP and Hardway shutdown.

Anyone have a Willett instruction guide for their kit, including the EGR cooler bypass?

·
1,979 Posts
Not even out a fuc king month and these god **** EPA tree hugging libtards stuck if up their rectums
It's illegal to remove emissions components, regardless of what fuel type. If you want a Diesel without all the crap then get a pre 07, That's pretty simple. The train has already left the station & the manufacturers spent Billions to meet the current requirements. It has been known for several years that the EPA has been going after companies that have marketed cheat devices. I'm far from a libtard but especially when it comes to the XD the Gas version is as capable as the Diesel.

·
1,590 Posts
It's illegal to remove emissions components, regardless of what fuel type. If you want a Diesel without all the crap then get a pre 07, That's pretty simple. The train has already left the station & the manufacturers spent Billions to meet the current requirements. It has been known for several years that the EPA has been going after companies that have marketed cheat devices. I'm far from a libtard but especially when it comes to the XD the Gas version is as capable as the Diesel.
Yeah yeah......we know now...thanks

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Let me pose a question to this epa mandate bull****, (my back ground auto service/diesel over 40 yrs) We recently took dpf off one of our trucks. It was time for a cleaning.. We took propane torch (monitored temp) Cleaned that sucker up. Why not have that option on our trucks?? It took only 5 minutes BOOM done deal. Not looking for a debate on this, certainly a interesting idea though ....

·
1,300 Posts

Excellent stuff, thanks for the info. I knew the web store name as that's where I had seen the easy Lynk with the ART tunes but didn't know they also wrote them. I'll give him a call today and ask him a few questions as I did with hpp but very interested in seeing the comparison on your ram to see how the tunes perform from Canadian diesel.

He may become very popular if the EPA, in the USA, get HPP and Hardway shutdown.

Anyone have a Willett instruction guide for their kit, including the EGR cooler bypass?
Well the delete is installed on my Ram 5500 with the ART tuning. Honestly it's really good so far took the truck for a 30 min rip around town and highways. I have a slight throttle issue (too sensitive) but I never dialed my throttle booster back on it. He defiantly played with the torque management
There is zero smoke out of the tail pipe and I mean zero nothing and my service truck is not light by any means (welder, crane, oil tanks, tools).

So that being said so far I'm impressed with ART tuning. If the XD tune is anything like this one. No smoke good throttle response, it will be a pretty **** good option for us canadian folks.

Did you talk with hIm Calgarytrev? Curious if he has answered all your questions.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts