Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
229 Posts
Which setting are you running and hows is their tuning seam

I’ve been towing w/2, and daily driving using either 3 or 4...the added grunt from 4 is perfect. 5 is amazing, but I don’t want to drive it all the time in that configuration. I don’t beat on it other than when towing my toy hauler, but I also don’t want to strain the components/drivetrain from using 5 too much.

·
1,590 Posts
I hear you. It is a one of a kind sounding engine and runs and sounds awesome. Been running in 4 and it's truly a new truck. Enjoy and drive safe

·
1,324 Posts
TSD!!! How come none of yall seem to know about Truck Source Diesel?!?
I think most of us want moderate power gains, faint smoke and to rest assured each night we can trust our tune will give us a long -long life span to our truck’s engine right? Hands down TSD tunes will do that. Im lucky as helli live near their shop and i can take my truck to them for the work and stop by whenever to chat with the owners.

Btw - all the tune issues, slow to update issues etc I hear on this forum isnt TSD protocol - what comes out of the box is solid from day one.

·
1,331 Posts
I think most of us want moderate power gains, faint smoke and to rest assured each night we can trust our tune will give us a long -long life span to our truck’s engine right? Hands down TSD tunes will do that. Im lucky as helli live near their shop and i can take my truck to them for the work and stop by whenever to chat with the owners.

Btw - all the tune issues, slow to update issues etc I hear on this forum isnt TSD protocol - what comes out of the box is solid from day one.
You said it exactly, they are just that, an unknown. You probably only know about them because you live close to them.

·
1,324 Posts

You said it exactly, they are just that, an unknown. You probably only know about them because you live close to them.
They have a name and reputation at some serious diesel racing events...

https://youtu.be/n7bivRGiXkU

·
422 Posts

They are definitely not an unknown

·
317 Posts

Do they do emissions friendly tunes?

·
1,331 Posts

They are definitely not an unknown
Well they can’t be that well known or why are they not discussed here at all until now? Are they just known in serious diesel racing?

Are they just a smaller shop then PPEI, HPP, CA, GDP, Proven Diesel and Hardway, all these companies have been discussed for awhile.

I’m not knocking them, I know nothing about them is all and wonder why no one else brought them up previously.

·
1,324 Posts
The TSD building is big. Get tired just walking up stairs to their huge offices over thier huger garage and the garage and yard are full of every flavor of diesel trucks. **** near wanna quit my $500k year business and go push a broom over there. Lol

·
1,324 Posts
Interrstingly though the ones everybody here knows may have a bigger presence online - TSD is the only one who has “directions to us” on thier website - meaning they are much more involved in hands on, more in depth truck builds.

·
1,324 Posts

Do they do emissions friendly tunes?
I know they do good ones with ford power stroke tunes where all emmissions equipment works and there are no codes but youd have to call and check on that. Most people round here are all “off Roaders”.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Well they can’t be that well known or why are they not discussed here at all until now? Are they just known in serious diesel racing?
Are they just a smaller shop then PPEI, HPP, CA, GDP, Proven Diesel and Hardway, all these companies have been discussed for awhile.
I’m not knocking them, I know nothing about them is all and wonder why no one else brought them up previously.
I will call them today.
A fully sorted rock solid 10-20% power increase tune with no bs is my goal.
In my case egr flow programmed out with cat, dpf and def flow adjusted and functioning correctly with smooth powerful response everywhere in the power band.
What I also want is a hands on person who takes a long range view and will be in business long after I sell my truck.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts