Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
100 Posts
There is something to be said supporting a local tuner who is just a quick drive away to assist with a problem. Even if its just a copy of the major players of tune software, there's something about being local and invested in the local performance community.

Plus, then having to buy a Ez-Lynk module to install a tune isn't necessary and costs of a tune can be reduced. Unless you want to monitor stuff in your truck and have the ability to datalog and like spending lots of monies. :grin2:

Heck, if you own a Ez-Lynk module you can load tunes for your friends truck, for a fee. Save money and share a Ez-Lynk module.

I went local and I'm running a 60HP Emissions tune by TunerCal and it works great. No Ez-Lynk and no monitoring and problems are solved by a quick drive to the shop. When I'm ready to completely delete emissions, they will be there. No charge for the non-emissions tune :grin2:

Driving is good now

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
There is something to be said supporting a local tuner who is just a quick drive away to assist with a problem. Even if its just a copy of the major players of tune software, there's something about being local and invested in the local performance community.
Plus, then having to buy a Ez-Lynk module to install a tune isn't necessary and costs of a tune can be reduced. Unless you want to monitor stuff in your truck and have the ability to datalog and like spending lots of monies. :grin2:
Heck, if you own a Ez-Lynk module you can load tunes for your friends truck, for a fee. Save money and share a Ez-Lynk module.
I went local and I'm running a 60HP Emissions tune by TunerCal and it works great. No Ez-Lynk and no monitoring and problems are solved by a quick drive to the shop. When I'm ready to completely delete emissions, they will be there. No charge for the non-emissions tune :grin2:
Driving is good now
That's some great advise in the the civilized world.
Try finding a local tuner in CA Jerry Brown would put him on death row.

·
1,324 Posts
From All us civilized people - our hearts go out to our right-minded friends in Cali! I would be a fish outta water over there...

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Driving is good now
I called every tuner listed here today. Everyone is happy to sell an ez lynk based tune for 12-1,300.00
Steep number for 1 tune and a few I will never use. If those are my only choices I'll keep it stock learn the stock tune quirks and enjoy my warranty.
Felt like I was asking for the tune no one wants to be known for. I did contact a few tuners outside the diesel truck world that may offer lower cost alternatives.

·
1,331 Posts
TSD doesn’t show they offer anything for the Titan XD on their website. I emailed them to see what they offer if anything, they may just offer in person tuning for all we know.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
no luck yet

TSD doesn’t show they offer anything for the Titan XD on their website. I emailed them to see what they offer if anything, they may just offer in person tuning for all we know.
Seemed like no tuner I spoke with had themselves owned an XD and personally developed a really good emissions tune.
GDP and Truck Stop Diesel offer delete tunes and a +-60hp emission tune +-1.300.00 plus shipping.
Calibrated Addiction and HPP said no to the emissions tune.

Waiting to hear back from Proven Diesel and Open Wide Performance (HPP).

·
1,331 Posts
Seemed like no tuner I spoke with had themselves owned an XD and personally developed a really good emissions tune.
GDP and Truck Stop Diesel offer delete tunes and a +-60hp emission tune +-1.300.00 plus shipping.

PPEI has an emissions tune, I had it.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
I did not call PPEI, there was negative feedback here about a hesitation problem with no resolution or communication.
What were the strengths and drawback if any of this emissions tune.
Thank you td.

·
1,331 Posts
I did not call PPEI, there was negative feedback here about a hesitation problem with no resolution or communication.
What were the strengths and drawback if any of this emissions tune.
Thank you td.
Not a clue, I only ran it for a few hundred miles then deleted fully. But I never had any hesitation issues or codes in that short time.

·
1,324 Posts
TSD has one on the dyno most of this week (like today) quantifying data charts for their SOTF (repetitiously all week like any good scientist or mechanical emgineer should) for distribution through marketing. When they get done with their play toy i will be taking mine in to them.

·
1,331 Posts
TSD has one on the dyno most of this week (like today) quantifying data charts for their SOTF (repetitiously all week like any good scientist or mechanical emgineer should) for distribution through marketing. When they get done with their play toy i will be taking mine in to them.
Emailed with Chris today this was his response to the Titan XD tuning “Sorry we don't do anything for that.”

Email attached.

Attachments

·
1,251 Posts
Hmmmm.

On a side note I’m getting ever so closer to voiding my warranty. Can’t stand it much longer!!!

·
1,324 Posts
Emailed with Chris today this was his response to the Titan XD tuning “Sorry we don't do anything for that.”

Email attached.
Dumbfounded. Umm well who is charlie? Which Chris was it (buhidar or alanis)

·
1,324 Posts

“Truck stop diesel” or did you call and mean to type truck source diesel instead?

·
1,331 Posts

Email attached.
Not sure that was just the response I received.

·
1,331 Posts

“Truck stop diesel” or did you call and mean to type truck source diesel instead?
Website http://www.trucksourcediesel.com/tsd-tunes/

Email address used [email protected]

·
1,324 Posts

Email attached.
Not sure that was just the response I received.
Well the response was definitely inaccurate. Why that happened is something buhidar like to address. Whose tune are you running on your truck now?

·
1,324 Posts
Pic above blacks over the year and engine of my titan xd but it says 2018 and 5.0 Cummins. Call or email and ask for Chandler.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts