Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
1,324 Posts
Companies do that to minimize spam. TSD has a contact form you fill out so they can contact you actually. Phone call is best.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
I give tsd a solid

Companies do that to minimize spam. TSD has a contact form you fill out so they can contact you actually. Phone call is best.
I spoke with Chris on the phone he knew exactly what I was asking for and you can't get any more decent or solid than this guy.
Told me they had not yet owned one as a daily driver nor done thousand of tunes like with their Ford and Ram files.
He referred me to Calibrated Addiction because they had and were solid hard working guys.
That's how you build a reputation.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
After speaking with more tuning companies seems like ppei may offer the most power options in emission tunes.
I read everything here but first hand customer feedback, length of time tuned, company interactions are going to be helpful.
If anyone has had to have dealer service with a tune like to hear about that also.

·
1,331 Posts
After speaking with more tuning companies seems like ppei may offer the most power options in emission tunes.
I read everything here but first hand customer feedback, length of time tuned, company interactions are going to be helpful.
If anyone has had to have dealer service with a tune like to hear about that also.
Have about 9k of tunes use with PPEI, no emissions. The original tune v2.1 is better then the recently released v1.4 in every reguard. I had my truck into the dealer a week ago and they wanted to update the ecm, I said no and they said oh are you tuned, I said yeah and he said no problem. He didn’t seem too concerned. Now if Nissan tells him no warranty that is what they’ll do but I didn’t get the feeling they are just going to deny it at the dealer.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
the bottom line

Have about 9k of tunes use with PPEI, no emissions. The original tune v2.1 is better then the recently released v1.4 in every reguard. I had my truck into the dealer a week ago and they wanted to update the ecm, I said no and they said oh are you tuned, I said yeah and he said no problem. He didn’t seem too concerned. Now if Nissan tells him no warranty that is what they’ll do but I didn’t get the feeling they are just going to deny it at the dealer.
For now I want to go the emissions in tact route.
CA, GDP, HPP, Proven Diesel, PPEI, TSD not sure if I missed anyone.
Spoke with all of them. How many of these tuners own and daily drive an XD?
Before I put parts of my warranty in question who has the most well developed reliable tunes and backs them up best?

·
1,331 Posts
For now I want to go the emissions in tact route.
CA, GDP, HPP, Proven Diesel, PPEI, TSD not sure if I missed anyone.
Spoke with all of them. How many of these tuners own and daily drive an XD?
Before I put parts of my warranty in question who has the most well developed reliable tunes and backs them up best?
PPEI does, not sure on the others. That said I think PPEI has a great tune yet it isn’t perfect it I don’t think you’ll find the perfect tune yet. Also PPEI could improve customer service after the sale but I’m sure they get 1000 emails a day. Overall I’m happy with PPEI.

·
8 Posts
PPEI does, not sure on the others. That said I think PPEI has a great tune yet it isn’t perfect it I don’t think you’ll find the perfect tune yet. Also PPEI could improve customer service after the sale but I’m sure they get 1000 emails a day. Overall I’m happy with PPEI.

Ppei was great until the emissions bull shit dropped and they quit supporting emissions deleted trucks Wich is bull shit after you pay the money for the lifetime support pack that was a pretty short life but I'm still running the original tunes I got from them and even running a 150 horse tune the fuel to air ratio is about perfect it'll roll coal if your standing on it but over all very clean tune and a much better running truck not to mention quite a boost in fuel mileage and overall longevity of your truck. Wait to do a tune until your warranty is up and your motors already ruined because of the emissions on it I see alot of posts about how they have fuel issues and all this other shit but it has nothing to do with the Cummins motor not performing it's what they've put on around it. It's like trying to run a mile while breathing through a cocktail straw if that makes any sense

81 - 88 of 88 Posts