Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Hello Water Trey,

I'm a big fan of the KO2's. I have them on my truck and many of our work (F150) truck's fleet have the KO2's. These tires will cut your gas mileage by one 1 or 2 mpg. However, after 10k miles on the tires, the Truck's MPG seems to go back to near normal.

For those who have the XD 20 inch wheels, Id like to share my KO2 story. I put new KO2s on at NTB (National Tire and Battery) - franchise. Had vibrations and went back several times for re-balance. Eventually after replacing several out of round KO2s, the truck still vibrated around 45 mph and up. NTB said my rims were bent. They are the stock aluminum rims. I called BS on that. After fighting with them, I went to a local family owned tire business. They checked the KO2s out and checked my rims for me. My rims were fine, three of the KO2s were out of round. The family owned tire shop had a "road force" tire balancing. NTB did not have this type of tire balancing equipment. After a total of 10 tires (KO2's) were put on and off my truck, I gave up and went with Nittro AT. It was a big long fight with BFG and NBT (National Tire and Battery). I started fighting the 3rd week of Nov and didn't get my money back until February.

To summarize, I don't recommend anyone going with the 20inch BFG KO2s unless your are buying the tires from a trusted tire business. The franchise companies will not fight for you. BFG had a bad batch of 20 inch KO2s. I'm still a big fan of the KO2s. But I will never try out another set on my XD.
Interesting. I have the 20s. No vibration at all. Very smooth. Bought from Discount Tire.

·
3 Posts
2019 P4X here w/ KO2's 275/70/18 no lift. This is about the largest size you can go without rubbing. I would encourage you to verify you are getting the "DT" version vs. the regular whatever size you go with. It has a harder, longer lasting compound vs. the standard to deal with the torque/weight of diesel trucks. Trade-off is that this compound is not snow rated, but I've found them to be just fine in snow/ice etc. Version 23104 is the "DT" compound, 45062 being the standard.

·
228 Posts
The DT designation stands for Different Tread. Don't know what's different about them unless maybe it's the compound. The DT tire is $4.00 less expensive than the Non-DT tire.

·
326 Posts
I put a set on ProX XD last year in May. 33k miles on them now. They might have 10k left. But they are now noisy and don’t ride that great. I got 45k on the stock Generals and had another 10k left on them. Only reason I replaced them was because we taking a trip in June pulling the TT 1200 miles. Wanted fresh Tires.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts