Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I just got my Pro4X. It's a beautiful truck and I love every moment with it but I have one major problem.

I bought the utility and audio, convenience and luxury packages, but I realized that my truck does not have the blind spot monitoring on it. I did research and only late spring production models have it. Do you all think that this is something the dealership will do for me , or at this point am I screwed? I think it was be as simple as a flash, but the mirrors will also have to be swapped out as they do not have the indicator for blind spot monitoring.

Kind of pissed that they launched this half assed, this should have been a definite inclusion of you bought a fully built up trim level. Any input is appreciated.

In regards to the passenger seat belt alarm, it seems that whenever I start the truck the first few minutes of the drive indicate a passenger seat belt alarm, when there is no passenger. After about a minute it goes away, but if you put the car in reverse it pops back up. Anyone have any idea wtf this is? And to answer the question bound to be asked, no there is nothing on the seat to trip the weight sensor....

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Hey guys, so I just got my Pro4X. It's a beautiful truck and I love every moment with it but I have one major problem.

I bought the utility and audio, convenience and luxury packages, but I realized that my truck does not have the blind spot monitoring on it. I did research and only late spring production models have it. Do you all think that this is something the dealership will do for me , or at this point am I screwed? I think it was be as simple as a flash, but the mirrors will also have to be swapped out as they do not have the indicator for blind spot monitoring.

Kind of pissed that they launched this half assed, this should have been a definite inclusion of you bought a fully built up trim level. Any input is appreciated.

In regards to the passenger seat belt alarm, it seems that whenever I start the truck the first few minutes of the drive indicate a passenger seat belt alarm, when there is no passenger. After about a minute it goes away, but if you put the car in reverse it pops back up. Anyone have any idea wtf this is? And to answer the question bound to be asked, no there is nothing on the seat to trip the weight sensor....

Thanks guys!
I think your out of luck every brochure and specs show blind spot warning as a late availability. If it was a simple flash no big deal, but yes mirrors need to be swapped etc...

·
262 Posts
.........In regards to the passenger seat belt alarm, it seems that whenever I start the truck the first few minutes of the drive indicate a passenger seat belt alarm, when there is no passenger. After about a minute it goes away, but if you put the car in reverse it pops back up. Anyone have any idea wtf this is? And to answer the question bound to be asked, no there is nothing on the seat to trip the weight sensor....

Thanks guys!
Have seen this alarm, too. It came on a few times with 400 miles on the clock while under way with nothing in the passenger seat, then extinguished. Can't correlate it to anything yet. Have had a passenger in the seat on each trip since then (now 700 miles) and will keep an eye out for it going forward.

·
93 Posts
I've noticed the same passenger seatbelt "idiot light" while no one is seated in the passenger seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
57 Posts
Agree they should have had Blind spot ready at release. I think they gave a 500$ credit off msrp for not having it on the truck.

For the passenger seat belt warning. I think I read in the manual that it will stay on for a short time to remind you to have the passenger buckel up. Mine works same as you described. Comes on any time truck is shifted into drive and stays on for about 30 sec and then turns off, until the truck is shifted into drive again. I don't think its tied into the sensor of the seat at all, comes on regardless. Lucky there is no audio chime so it doesn't bother me much, other than it seems like Nissan didn't think that through IMO.

·
92 Posts
Can't be added after the fact according to the dealer I bought mine from.

I had the $500 delete on mine and asked if they could add it after the fact. They called Nissan and were told no.

Hope someone finds out it can' however, with the towing mirrors it is really easy to see beside the truck with little to no blind spot.

I would rather have the power fold option than the blind spot warning system.

·
93 Posts
I would rather have the power fold option than the blind spot warning system.

I have the blind spot detection and it's nice -- especially since my last vehicle had it, but would pay a small fortune to have power fold. I'll be interested to see if there is a way to add this in the future. Living and working in the city, I have the need to fold my mirrors at least twice a day. The manual extend doesn't bother me since I only tow 1-2 times per month.

·
12 Posts

Thanks guys!
I had the same question for my dealer about the seat belt and he provided this from the manual, it's all normal.

Attachments

·
194 Posts
Can't be added after the fact according to the dealer I bought mine from.

I had the $500 delete on mine and asked if they could add it after the fact. They called Nissan and were told no.
My dealer said the same thing. They can not even order the parts for it as it needs to have the factory harness for it. He was desperately trying to see if it could be added as that is what stopped me from buying the truck on his lot.... now I'm just waiting for them to find me a tuck with the packages and color I want with blindspot.

·
224 Posts
while shopping for my SV model, I noticed that all the units that were equipped with BSW had painted rear bumpers and the units shipped with the BSW delete credit were equipped with chrome bumpers. Don't really know why the difference, just something I noticed.

MB

·
93 Posts
while shopping for my SV model, I noticed that all the units that were equipped with BSW had painted rear bumpers and the units shipped with the BSW delete credit were equipped with chrome bumpers. Don't really know why the difference, just something I noticed.

MB

Interesting. That's the one thing I dislike appearance-wise with my SL. I really wish it had a chrome rear bumper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
45 Posts
I just noticed my Passenger Seatbelt Light Comes on randomly while driving with nobody in the Passenger seat. I understand it comes on after you first start the engine but mine comes on randomly after that. Anybody know the cause?

·
174 Posts
I just noticed my Passenger Seatbelt Light Comes on randomly while driving with nobody in the Passenger seat. I understand it comes on after you first start the engine but mine comes on randomly after that. Anybody know the cause?
The seatbelt warning light will remain on 30 sec after the gear is placed in drive. If the gear changes to any other gear, then back to drive, again the warning light will appear for 30 sec. If your warning light is turning on randomly with a gear change, I recommend taking it to the dealer to have it serviced. Good luck!

·
450 Posts
Do you have something sitting in the passenger seat? They are weight sensitive. That will trigger the warning.

·
Banned
369 Posts

Thanks guys!
It's a typical Nissan thing. Bad production/assembly system.

·
78 Posts
Wow.. I can't believe how much of an anal orifice this Texas PRO4X is... some people shouldn't be allowed to Adult and purchase their own vehicles.. too easily butthurt

1 - 20 of 22 Posts