Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where does the block heater chord plug into. Mine has the heater installed in the block, but I cant find the actual power plug.

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you kidding me?
The big rectangle shape heat transfer device that you put color fluid in.
Ha. Just never heard anyone use that abreviation before. Weird thing is I have the module installed on the block, but there is no chord anywhere...

·
260 Posts
Ha. Just never heard anyone use that abreviation before. Weird thing is I have the module installed on the block, but there is no chord anywhere...
Well I found no cord near the "rad" either! Whereabouts on the block would that module be found?

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
260 Posts
This post: http://www.titanxdforum.com/forum/193-2016-nissan-titan-general-discussion/10106-only-gripe-so-far-after-over-1000km-4.html#post108970 Is supposedly a photo of it. When questioned my dealer said my truck has one.... so if that post is correct the heater module is installed but no way to plug it in.
Thanks for the reference. I just checked mine and in place of that module looks like a plug with a recessed Torx fitting. Will post a photo tomorrow pointing to it. Sorry, am not going to able to help you find that cord or how to connect to that module!

BTW, I bought my Pro-4X in California. I'll bet none of them there have it. I live in AZ where the coldest I've seen it here was -8 F (~-22C) where I live. It has been colder elsewhere in the High Country. My Powerstroke was happier with its block heater. Don't know how this one's gonna do.

·
1,300 Posts
All diesels love there block heaters it's a way of life for them. I told the dealer to get mine out in the open and zip tie up. So they did. When I got mine in January in Alberta it was -25ish and it started not plugged in. But heat is a good thing for diesels

Reactions: TitanCowboy

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
We went through this a while ago. The assumption only canadian models have the block heater with cord as standard equipment. But the US trucks in the upper states should also have.

·
260 Posts
Comparing this photo to a previously posted link in this thread, here is where the location of the module should be. There is none on my truck.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts